Disclaimer: I don't own LOTR

"Nimbus and Legolas"
by Trunks's Gal

Chapter Nine


        Nimbus took the rope off of her pants and threw it to Arwen.
        "You'll have better luck then me with my shoulder."
        Arwen nodded and wrapped the rope around two bars of her cell. She started to twist them. Very slowly, the bars bent in and she was able to squeeze out. Then, Arwen ran to Nimbus's cell and did the same. Nimbus took the rope to Legolas, who did what Arwen did.
        As soon as Legolas got out, he hugged Nimbus close. She squinted in pain, but she wanted to be held by Legolas, that's all she'd ever wanted, for as long as she could remember.
        Then Arwen gasped.
        "Where's Aragorn?" she asked.
        Everyone's face fell grim. Nimbus stepped forward and held Arwen's hand.
        "He died," she whispered.
        Arwen raised a hand to her mouth, and blinked tears out of her eyes.
        "No..."
        "I'm so sorry," Legolas said as he released Gimli.
        "There's no time to talk now," Nimbus said. "We have to get out of here!"
        The group looked around for somewhere to escape. Legolas found an open window.
        "Nimbus, you get out first," he ordered. "We have to make sure you get the cut checked."
        Nimbus nodded and climbed out the window. Next, Gimli went. Then Arwen, and finally Legolas climbed out. He took Nimbus's hand and they started to walk away. Nimbus felt Legolas' thumb sliding up and down her hand, and all the tension left her.
        At this point, Nimbus didn't care whether she lived past that day or not, for she knew that Legolas truely loved her.
        "Nimbus...I know your shoulder hurts, but we have to get out of here. Do you want me to carry you?" Legolas asked.
        Nimbus shook her head.
        "I'll be okay," she assured. "I just let my mind wander a little."
        Nimbus couldn't help but let her mind wander, there was the love of her life without a shirt on. Legolas smiled. He knew that Nimbus was gaping over him, and he liked it. For some reason, he enjoyed this feeling that he had never experienced before. He enjoyed the fact that he had one elf totally in love with him, and he wanted to keep her until the end of time.
        Legolas leaned his mouth over to Nimbus's ear.
        "I love you," he said. "And you know that."
        Nimbus smiled. She ran her fingers threw Legolas's hair.
        "I love you too. And I'm not afraid to let you know anymore."

*****

        Luniar saw the group escaping, but he didn't bother following. They couldn't go anywhere that Luniar couldn't see them or catch them. Besides, he had to give Nimbus a chance to forget about Legolas and her love for him. If he could bring out the worst in Legolas, then Nimbus couldn't love him. She couldn't.
        "You'll see Legolas as he really is...Or how I want him to be!"
        Luniar laughed wickedly, and Nimbus heard him. She didn't say anything, at risk that she would get someone else scared.
        "It's only begun," Nimbus mummered.