Disclaimer: I don't own LOTR

"Nimbus and Legolas"
by Trunks's Gal

Chapter Eight


        "Oh! You just wait till I get out Luniar. Then you'll be sorry," Gimli threatened.
        Luniar threw his head back and laughed. He kept on laughing for a good five minutes before he walked over to Nimbus's cell. She was laying on the ground, gasping for breath. Luniar formed his face into a fake pount.
        "You know Nimbus, if you would go along with me, then you could be out of pain."
        There was a gasp from a cell down the hall. It was of a girl, and she sounded shocked. Her small voice rang out threw the empty stone walls.
        "Nimbus? Is it really you? It's me, Arwen."
        Nimbus smiled happily. She let what she heard soak in before answering.
        "Arwen! I've missed you so much? How are you?"
        Arwen thought for a second before yelling back.
        "I'm okay...How are you? Rumor has it that Luniar tried to shoot you down," Arwen said.
        "Legolas distracted the archer and the arrow only hit my shoulder. Then he wrapped the wound to keep it from infection."
        Arwen giggled like a little girl.
        "Just like we both wanted when we were little," she said.
        Then there was dead silence. Niether wanted to admit that she was wrong, and there seemed to be nothing else to say between the two. Legolas cleared his throat and spoke up.
        "What are you two talking about?" he asked. "Nimbus, you said that you two fought over a doll."
        "Well, we fought over you," Nimbus said. "I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to risk losing you again. Legolas, I love you and I really didn't want you to think I was shallow, and dump me."
        Arwen gasped again.
        "You're dating Legolas! I wish you would have told me."
        Nimbus sighed.
        "I was afraid you would hate me a even more."
        "I never hated you in the begining," Arwen exclaimed. "I thought you hated me."
        Nimbus breathed a sigh of relief.
        "I didn't hate you either!"
        Luniar sighed.
        "Oh shut up."
        He slammed the door behind him as he left. Nimbus stuck her head out of the cell, and Arwen did the same.
        "Time to act like a kid again," Nimbus said.
        Arwen nodded.
        "Time for one of our old plans. What do you have?"
        "Legolas's shirt...And my rope that I used for a belt."
        "Okay," Arwen said. "I have the clothes on my back."
        "Do you think that we could break out?" Nimbus asked.
        "We practiced a billion times," Arwen said, sounding like a kid again.
        "But when we practiced I didn't have a hole threw my shoulder."
        Arwen grimaced; she had forgotten that little detail.
        "It doesn't matter. You're still the best."
        "Thanks," Nimbus said.
        Arwen smiled, and Nimbus smiled back. They could break out of there easier then pie.
        "What are you two talking about?" Gimli demanded.
        "You'll see," Nimbus assured.
        There was a gleam in the two elf girls' eyes, and the group knew that they were in safe hands.