Disclaimer: I don't own LOTR

"Nimbus and Legolas"
by Trunks's Gal

Chapter Two


        Legolas found Nimbus sitting in a tree. Her golden hair was laying on the fat branch. Legolas felt his knees buckle from underneath him. He glanced at Nimbus's soft face. It was streaked from tears, and she was holding back the rest.
        There was a pain inside of Nimbus, one that she wanted to go away. It wouldn't leave though, not until she was brought back to the real world. There was something wrong with her, and that's all she knew.
        Legolas walked slowly up to Nimbus, her eyes were closed, but he knew that she knew he was there. She could hear his footsteps, and was waiting for him to speak.
        "When I first followed after you, I did think that I would fall for you again."
        Nimbus pretended like she didn't hear.
        "You came because you lost to Aragorn."
        "How'd you know?"
        "I could hear you, Legolas. You are an elf too, so you should know that I can hear anything within a mile."
        Legolas remained silent. He was bruised from the verbal beating. Then something made him say what he was thinking.
        "Nimbus, please forgive me. I'm not saying this for Legolas, I'm saying it because whatever spell that was put on me, it changed me. I know you didn't do it. I know that now."
        Nimbus smiled, but her eyes were still closed. She couldn't see the expression on Legolas' face. His eyes were pleading with her, and she did'nt know.
        "Legolas. You came here because you were forced. That's no longer the reason you are here. Answer me truthfully: Why are you here?"
        Legolas swallowed hard.
        "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me."
        "Try me," Nimbus challanged, opening her eyes.
        "Whenever I see you, my knees get weak, and I feel like I don't want to be how I was. I like the new me well enough. So does Aragorn. Don't you see Nimbus! We're all changed for the better!"
        Nimbus smiled happily and jumped into Legolas's arms.
        "I've missed you," she said.
        Legolas smiled and held her close.