Disclaimer: I don't own LOTR

"Legolas' Love"
by Trunks's Gal

Chapter Two: A Palace In The Mist


        The two elves fell onto the beach. Legolas's teeth chattered from the unbearable cold. His lips turned blue, and Nimbus realized something-if she didn't get Legolas warm, he would die.
        She ran over to Legolas and picked him up. Legolas tried to speak, but he was too cold and his jaw wouldn't move. Nimbus found a good place in the woods and set him down. She began to dig a hole in the ground. Legolas was getting worse by the second.
        "Hold on," she told him.
        He nodded, and she new that he trusted her with his life. Finally, the hole was deep enough. Nimbus lifted Legolas and set him in. She pushed some warm dirt over him, and then spoke.
        "You know that you need to be warmer. I'm going to lay ontop of you, it's to keep you warm. It's not that I'm sleeping with you," Nimbus told him.
        Legolas started to tremble as Nimbus climbed on top of him.
        "This is kind of what it was like when we met," he tried to joke.
        Nimbus laid her head on Legolas's chest. She felt his heart beat, and smiled lightly. Nimbus sighed with pleasure when she felt Legolas's arm wrap around her waist. She felt warmer then ever.
        "Good night, Legolas."
        As soon as the final words left her lips, Nimbus fell asleep. Legolas was not awake long after her, but long enough to see the peaceful look on her face as she slept.
        "Good night, Beautiful."
        Legolas fell asleep silently, and the cold swept in.

        Legolas awoke to a cough. He looked up at Nimbus who was cold and damp, and deathly sick.
        "What happened to you?" he asked.
        "There was a light rain last night," Nimbus answered in a small whisper.
        She tried to stand up, but fell back to her knees. Legolas came and picked her up.
        "You're sick!" he exclaimed.
        "I need to go home," she said weakly.
        Her face had lost all color that it had ever owned, and her eyes didn't sparkle like stars.
        "Where is it?" Legolas asked.
        "Go strait for about two miles, you can't miss it."
        Legolas took off without another thought. His feet hit softly against the moss ground, and Nimbus groaned with every step. She was slipping fast, and Legolas couldn't help. All he could do was run with all the energy in him.
        Holly leaves wipped his legs, and black berry bushes cut his face, but Nimbus remained unharmed, he didn't want her to be worse off then she already was. Tears came down her face in pain, and she grimaced.
        "Please hurry."
        The small plea from Nimbus made Legolas go just a little bit faster. One mile finished. Only one left to go.
        "Hold on Nimbus," Legolas begged. "Please don't let go."
        He didn't know if Nimbus could hear him, but Legolas had to try to get to her. The sickness was sinking in to her, and she didn't have much time left.
        Soon, Legolas could see castle tips breaking the horizan.
        "Nimbus, we're almost there."
        Legolas heard the sounds of horse coming at them, and no sooner had he heard it, then three elf riders appeared.
        "Give us the girl," one of them said.
        "And get on my horse," a second one added, dismounting.
        Legolas handed Nimbus up to the first one, and mounted the horse.
        "Let's go!" the third called.
        Each rider dug their heels into the horses, and they took off. Legolas watched the first man to make sure no harm came to Nimbus.
        "You need not worry," the man said. "I wouldn't hurt Nimbus if my life depended on it. It would be foolish to hurt the princess."
        Legolas sat in shock.
        "Princess?" he asked.
        "Yes, did you not know?"
        "She never told me."
        "She does not wish to be loved for that."
        The man kept riding.
        "What's your name?" Legolas called up.
        "I am Luniar. My friend back there is Beokia."
        Beokia nodded a greeting to Legolas. Luniar started to talk again.
        "Nimbus ran away two weeks ago. How long has she been with you?"
        "Two days!" Legolas called up.
        "Really? I wonder what she did until then."
        "Some men were hunting her down," Legolas said. "I saved her."
        "You will be greatly rewarded for that," Beokia said from behind. "Those men were no friends of hers or the kingdoms. They found it by accident. This place is hidden. Only elves with pure hearts can see it."
        "Does that mean that I have a pure heart?" Legolas asked.
        Luniar smiled.
        "Either that or you have the love of Nimbus. You could always have both, come to think of it."
        Legolas gaped when they arrived at the castle gates. It was beautiful. White and gold pillars spiraled up, holding up ornatly cared ceilings. Legolas felt his mouth drop.
        "That was my first reaction when I came here too," Luniar said.
        "It takes everyone's breath away," Beokia continued. "But to Nimbus, it is a prison."
        An elderly man came rushing from behind golden doors. He ran to Luniar, with his white hair blowing behind him. Though he was an elf, it looked as though he had aged, that he was not immortal.
        "He wished to be mortal," Beokia said, reading Legolas's mind. "His daughter is pure elf though. Don't worry Romeo."
        Legolas blushed. The man ran up to him.
        "Are you the one who has saved my daughter?" he asked.
        "Yes," Legolas replied.
        "Then come! Feast with us!"
        Legolas jumped down from the horse, and Luniar took Nimbus inside. Legolas tried to follow, but Nimbus's father held him back.
        "Woe there my boy! Nimbus will be fine, she will be at dinner. Now! I will have a maid show you to your room, and you can wash up."
        Legolas looked down at his clothes. They were covered in dirt. He had forgotten that he had slept in the dirt.
        "Hurry boy! You don't want to be late!"
        Legolas nodded and took off to his room.