Hey, Thanks for all the reviews! I love it! I hope ya’ll enjoy the next Chapter!

"Wooded Fear and Hidden Darkness"
by Sitrine Topaz

Chapter Four


        King Thranduil paced around hit throne room, his feet silent but his thoughts loud on his face.
        “Gandalf, again you have corrupted my son! First with the fellowship- “
        “Legolas went freely. He chose to go, he was not forced.” Gandalf’s voice was calm, though he seemed slightly annoyed. Thranduil ignored him.
        “And now he has been courting a common Cam’wethrin! A thief!”
        “I would hardly call one kiss courting.” Thranduil stormed to the window, ripping the curtains away and allowing the sunlight to stream through. He pointed to the garden.
        “What do you call this?” Gandalf slowly walked to the window, peering from beneath his gray bushy eyebrows.
        Legolas was walking with Nazglas in the garden, both talking idly and smiling. That in itself was rare for Legolas, as well as the flippant air about him. Gandalf smiled.
        “THAT,” he started, turning to Thranduil, “I call courting.” The king frowned, going back to his throne. He looked miserable.
        “Leave it to a wizard not to give a straight answer.” Gandalf sighed, approaching the weary king. “Perhaps I am overreacting. He is my last heir and I worry about him.” The wizard nodded.
        “That is understandable, Lord, but you cannot protect him from love.”
        “You know that it is?” Again the wizard nodded. ‘So soon? Nay, he has just met her.”
        “Legolas knows that something is stirring within his heart. That heart has been dormant for far too long.”

        The flowers’ scent drifted through the garden. The colors seemed brighter than ever. Legolas found everything brighter and merrier. Nazglas’s hand was soft in his, his long fingers entwined in hers.
        “I am surprised you are interested in the Fellowship.” He said, looking towards the sky. A hawk flew around, circling the castle. A messenger hawk, he decided.
        “I never heard of it.” She looked at him, a glimmer of worry flicking over her features. “Is it not proper to ask questions?” Legolas laughed, his voice the wind through the leaves.
        “Nay. And do not worry about being proper. It restricts your charm.” He was glad he had coaxed a smile on he lips, but, despite this, he still wasn’t pleased. He leaned down and kissed her. What has come over me? Since when has my wants taken over my mind? He ignored the thought, continuing the kiss. Perhaps, with her appearance, she stole a part of my sanity. But then what did I steal from her? Nazglas pulled back a bit, just to look in his eyes. Something flickered, but disappeared. He offered a light smile, his fingers running through her hair which he had persuaded her to leave down. But, an inkling in the back of his mind caused him to look up. Gandalf stood, his bright blue eyes watching them. Something in his expression sent a chill down Legolas’s spine. “What is it, Friend Gandalf?” The wizard sighed, looking towards the horizon.
        “I was in council with your father, elf. Word came form the East. King D`unadan sent word that there is much activity in Miras Tirith, of the dark kind. He is reassembling the Fellowship.” Gandalf watched Legolas’s face intently. The cheerful face slid into it’s calm mask that was the normal elfish expression.
        “That is news, wizard, but how does it concern me?”
        “You are a member of the fellowship. He wishes your return as well. There are no grudges or hatred.” Gandalf’s eyes twinkled. “You may be surprised who also has returned.” Legolas swallowed hard.
        “I…” Nazglas gently touched his arm, her fingers smoothing the Elvin cloth.
        “Mirily lle merina (Do you want me to go?)” She whispered, looking worried. He shook his head.
        “Naroul. Tis too dangerous.” He looked at her, catching a glimmer of something he hadn’t seen before.
        ‘You keep company with danger.” Legolas sighed, looking towards Gandalf.
        “I do not see why the two can not come. They might be the ones we need.” Now the wizard had the elf confused.
        “Two? But_”
        “You really think you’re gonna take my sister on a perilous journey and not me?” Legolas started as Angelonus dropped from a tree limb above them. Angel just smiled, flashing a grin more reminiscent of a human then an elf. It was too mischievous. ‘I don’t think so.” Gandalf chuckled, a comforting sound.
        “I believe they seem like two but in reality are one.” He looked at Angel carefully. ‘I thought your hair was yellow.” Angel ran a slim hand through his short, now brown, hair. He just shrugged his shoulders and turned to Legolas.
        “Naz fancies you. The least I can do is try to protect both of you.” Nazglas shot a glare at her brother. “Aye, I shouldn’t have to play chaperone, but you got yourself a male.”
        “Just wait, Angelonus. Uuma ma’ ten’ rashwe, ta tulova a’ lle.” Both Gandalf and Legolas chuckled.
        “Tanya nae sai elana, arwenamin (That was very funny, my lady.)” Legolas chuckled. Angel frowned and turned to Gandalf.
        “What did she say?” the wizard looked rather amused.
        “She said, ‘ don’t look for trouble, it will come to you.’” He smiled. ‘A wise bit of advice, arwenamin.” Nazglas blushed.
        “Dlola lle (Thank you)” The old wizard smiled and turned to Legolas.
        “I neve thought I would see the day an elf needed to be taught elvish.” Legolas nodded, Nazglas grinned and Angel just looked indignant.