** AN: Does anyone have any ideas for my other story, ‘Wooded fear and Hidden darkness’? This story will continue for a while for I have been overcome with a huge case of evil writers block that Sauron himself sent to destroy me. Please, review the other story and or this one and give me much needed ideas! Thanx and Namarié**

"Welcome to My World"
By Sitrine Topaz
 

Chapter 5: ‘Goodbye’- Gravity Kills

 
        You’re, a shadow of me, what I used to be, I’m fading as the light dims outside, I, I know what you need, because I can see, I’m taking over thoughts in your mind, sometimes your wrong and sometimes your right, your in the dark so I’ll turn on the light, I’m sick and tired of all of your lies, I’m sick and tired and say goodbye!

        “Ok, so when did we stop paying our reality check?” The rest in attendance looked at Kat with a look of confusion. She slapped her hands on her knees, pushing herself up and starting to pace around the room. The dark man, the one Mithrandir called Aragorn, made as though to stop her, but both Leo and Janine shook their heads.
        “She thinks better on her feet.” They looked at each other, slightly amused with their coordination before returning their attention to Gandalf. He watched Kat for a lingering moment before continuing.
        “As I had said before, danger is coming and the fellowship must be reassembled.” Kat snickered but otherwise remained silent. Her parents were just silent, but not a nice silent like Leo’s, but a brooding silent. He guessed that they were still peeved about her hiding her elf-ly-ness from them. “You must all remember who you are.”
        “I know very well who I am, Mr.… miraculous, and I like who I am, and I don’t plan on changing.” Janine announced, looking very sure of herself.
        “It’s Mithrandir, young Janine, and you are who you are… I am quite amazed that your personality is the same as your previous identity.”
        “What ever, Mozart.”
        “Mithrandir.” Geri shook her head, laughing.
        “She ain’t never gonna get it; she put it in her head she wouldn’t. Ya have another name she could call you? That might save some embarrassing names.” Mithrandir frowned, looking from Geri’s stout form to Janine. Finally he sighed.
        “You may call me Gandalf; it is my name from the north. Though it will be awkward having an elf call me such.”
        “Hey, Gandhi is easier.”
        “Janine.” Janine shut up, catching the warning in Leo’s tone. “Come on. This is serious. For once, can you not be foolish?” Everyone in the room stared at Leo as if he had gone insane. His shoulders suddenly were held straighter, his eyes harder and keener, if that could be. Emerald replaced the lighter green that had once been there. His posture was ridged… he looked almost regal. “I am sick of these games. The world has come into peril and I do not see why we shall not help without the games. You are as foolish as Peregrine Took, young Janine.” Janine stood up, glaring at Leo with an anger that caused even Aragorn to flinch.
        “Leonardo, if you forget, I’m Fricken 17, an entire year older then you. You’re calling me the wrong_” She trailed off, realizing that the rustling of leaves was actually Leo’s laugh.
        “You, child, are merely 17, while I am 4431. I believe I am your elder by quite some years.” Gandalf nodded, chuckling as well as Aragorn. Kat stared at Leo, something flickering through her eyes.
        “You’re not Leo.” Leo looked up at her, a question in his eyes. “You’re not Leo.”
        “No, arwenamin, I am Legolas. Former king of Mirkwood.” Kat’s eyes went cold and she started out of the room, only to be stopped by the dark figure known as Aragorn.
        “I’m afraid I cannot allow you to leave, my queen.” Kat backhanded him almost to quickly to see.
        “Get the fuck outta my way, jerk. I’m completely convinced I’m psycho and you all are as well. Get the hell outta my way.” Aragorn, who looked slightly taken aback due to the fact he was struck by a woman… and it actually hurt, grabbed her wrist. She glared at him. “Let go of my arm, Aragorn.” He shook his head, then catching her free arm as she swung at him again. Janine chuckled darkly.
        “At least someone is actually striking back.” She also stood to leave, but found herself face to face with someone that caused her to freeze. “John, get out of my way.” Gandalf looked to ‘Legolas’ and Aragorn, looking mildly amused.
        “Are all women of this age so surly? I fear they could turn Sauron’s evil with just one encounter.” Some of the party chuckled, while Kat and Janine scowled.
        “Somehow, I think that was an insult.”
        “I do not, milady.” Janine looked to the short kid who had approached her. “I would find that as a complement; Sauron is very strong and to defeat him in one encounter…” He smirked, his bright blue eyes shinning. “Would be an amazing feat.” Neither Janine nor Kat found much comfort in that. Finally, Legolas stood, not a sound as he walked towards Kat and Aragorn.
        “Let her go, Elessar; I shall explain things to her.” Aragorn looked from the almost seething teenager to the King of Mirkwood before raising an eyebrow.
        “Legolas, are you sure? I doubt even Elvin strength could hold her.” Legolas nodded, reaching a hand out to take both of Kat’s wrists. As soon as Aragorn loosened his grip, she flicked her arms in the opposite direction, momentarily throwing Aragorn off guard. Legolas caught her arms easily.
        “You forget, Kathryn, that I trained with you in martial arts. Though your hand to hand skills surpass my own, I can no doubt subdue you if need be.” Kat glared at him before muttering something about ‘cocky guys’. Aragorn chuckled, a small smile tingeing his lips. For a second there was silence until a small voice spoke out:
        “Hey, anyone care explain in’ to us why we’re not in the Shire anymore?”