A/N: This is the last part of my little tale, and thank you thank you THANK YOU to all who have reviewed. Nagia, in answer to your question, yes, you may borrow my dear Aiwë. Also, lest you have all forgotten, Elen síla lúmmen omentielvo is a formal Elf greeting which means, 'A star shines upon the hour of our meeting.' That is all, now, enjoy the last half of Legolas' Beloved.

"Legolas' Beloved"
by ArwenStar914

Part Two: Valinor


        Legolas sighed happily as he stepped off the ship into Valinor. Gimli smiled.
        "I am glad to see you are feeling better."
        Legolas nodded. "I do, but I still wish -" He did not finish his sentence, but instead turned to gaze at the land of Valinor.
        "Well, we cannot stand here forever. Let us go," Legolas said, striding forward as Gimli followed.
        They had not gone far when they heard a voice calling, "Legolas! Legolas!"
        The Dwarf watched as his friend froze, hope shining in his eyes. The voice drew nearer, and Legolas began to quiver in anticipation.
        It cannot be, I must be dreaming, he thought, but still his heart clung to hope.
        Suddenly, Gimli saw an Elf running towards them. She had long, dark brown hair and deep blue eyes. Gimli glanced quizzically at Legolas, but Legolas did not notice him. His eyes were full of happy tears that were streaming down his face, and he was laughing. Suddenly Legolas burst into a sprint and ran to meet the Elf and hugged her and kissed her incessantly.
        Gimli strode slowly up, a smile on his face. The Elf smiled at him.
        "Who is this, Legolas?" she asked sweetly. Her voice was like the cooing of a dove mixed with the soft gurgling of a stream.
        Gimli bowed. "I am Gimli, Gloin's son, at your service."
        The Elf smiled. "Elen síla lúmmen omentielvo," she replied.
        Legolas spoke to Gimli without taking his eyes off the Elf in his arms.
        "Gimli, this is Aiwë! But how? I thought you were carried off by orcs," he said, speaking again to Aiwë.
        Aiwë nodded, her normally happy face somber. "I was, and I do not wish to speak of it. But I can tell you that I and a few others were rescued, but by then you had left for Rivendell. I was not yet in a proper state to think, and when they put me and some others on a boat to Valinor, I did not think to stop them until it was to late."
        Legolas smiled. "It does not matter, to see you again makes up for the years of not knowing."
        Aiwë smiled. Her eyes shimmered when she saw the necklace. "You still have it," she said quietly.
        "Of course," Legolas said quietly.
        Gimli silently slipped away, leaving the two in peace. Had he looked back, he would have seen Legolas gently bend his head and kiss Aiwë, as years of sorrow faded away.



        Okay, there is the last half, and I know this wasn't the most perfect story, but I'm rewriting it, and it's entitled Love Never Loses Hope. I've changed a few things, but they're changes for the better. Thank you for reading! **ArwenStar**