Life Little Analogies
I know you've all heard about life's little lessons.
And I'm sure you are very sick of hearing them, I know I am.
But did you ever hear of life's little analogies? Some of you probably have,
I know everyone who has had Mr. Byrd as a coach has at least,
and most of you have heard some of them,
even if you didn't know what they were called.
Well I have, Thanks especially to. my coach Mr. Byrd who, as mentioned before,
loves to analogize. He uses analogies all the time to
get his point across to us, and some of them I will say
are quite different. But anyways they're cool so I
thought some other people might want to hear them, in
case you might find them to be inspirational, and maybe help you
win a basketball game like us.
Analogies of the Byrd:
- Even a blind squirell finds a nut eventually. (Our warning not to give up easy points on fouls)
- The ball is your boyfriend, you don't want them to steal your boyfriend away from you. The longer you can keep your boyfriend with you the better. (The pep talk before we played Salem)
- Friends are like elevator buttens, they can either take you up or down. (He's always so worried we are going to get in trouble, this is what he tells us at Friday practices)
- Its like the weather outside, there going to come at you hard, and you've got to weather the storm. (half time pep talk against Salem)
- A good defense is like an umbrella around the basket. (In reference to help defense)
- THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!! (Mr. Byrd likes us to hustle back on defense)
Other random analogies:
- One hack short of a full circle, not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, a few inches short of a yard, a couple noggins lacking of a noogie
- Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get. (the classic Forrest Gump line)
- Saying all girls are the same, is like saying all apples are pineapples.
- An extensive vocabulary is like clean underwear, everyone should have it but you shouldn't show it off.