Monstervision Host Segments for
Howard The Duck (1986)
"Howard The Duck" Intro
Joe Bob Briggs
Commercial Break #1
Commercial Break #2
Commercial Break #3
Commercial Break #4
Commercial Break #5
Commercial Break #6
Commercial Break #7
"Howard The Duck" is available on video and on DVD from Amazon.com
Host segment transcript of broadcast
©1999 Turner Network Television. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved
Do not use above email or websites. Joe Bob's new one is: www.joebobbriggs.com
Trivia (Courtesy of the Internet Movie Database)
* Popular female vocalist Tori Amos auditioned for the part of Beverly Switzler, eventually played by Lea Thompson.
* Howard landed on Earth on 8 September. It was on that date in 1966 that Star Trek premiered on NBC-TV.
* Phoebe Cates also auditioned for the role of Beverly that eventually went to Lea Thompson.
* The ultra-light aircraft used in the movie was a Quicksilver MX.
* Widely considered one of the biggest movie bombs, with an overall budget of $37 million and a box office gross of $16 million, a loss of $21 million.
* Executive producer George Lucas spent $2 million on Howard's duck suit, and eight different actors worked inside the costume.
* Shortly after the movie was released, Frank Price quit his job as the head of Universal Studios, the studio that funded the film. "Variety" reported the story with the headline "'Duck' Cooks Price's Goose."