The Wettin Dynasty Tree
Regarding August I, "the Strong"
Written and researched by Margaret Odrowaz-Sypniewska
Back to the German Royalty Index
- Generation One:
- Frederick I (Wettin) "the Warlike" was an elector of Saxony. He was born April 11, 1370 and was Margrave of Meissen and Duke of Saxe-Wittemburg.
- Generation Two:
- Frederick II (Wettin) "the Gentle" was the Duke of Saxony. He was born August 22, 1412 and died September 7, 1464.
- Generation Three:
- Albert (Wettin)"the Bold" Duke of Saxony was born July 31, 1443
he married Sidonie of Bohemia Podiebrad.
- Generation Four:
- Henry "the Pious" of Saxony was born on March 16, 1473 and died August 18, 1473. Henry married Katharine Mecklenburg on July 6, 1512.
- Generation Five:
- Augustus of Saxony was born July 31, 1526. He married Anne of Denmark (Oldenbury) who was born November 22, 1532.
- Generation Six:
- Christian I (Wettin) of Saxony was born October 29, 1560 and died September 25, 1591. He married Sophie of Brandenburg Hohenzollern on April 25, 1582.
- Generation Seven:
- John George I(Wettin), Elector of Saxony was born March 15, 1585 and died October 18, 1656. He married Magdalene Sibyll von Brandenburg. Magdalen was born January 9, 1587.
- Generation Eight:
- John George II (Wettin) of Saxony was norn on June 10, 1613 and died September 11, 1680. He married Magdelene Sibylle von Bradenburg. Magdalen was born in 1612.
- Generation Nine:
- John George III (Wettin) of Saxony was born June 30, 1647 and died September 22, 1691. He married Anne Sophia (Oldenburg) of Denmark. Anne was born September 11, 1647.
- Generation Ten:
- Frederick Augustus I, "the Strong" was born on May 22, 1670. He married von Brandenburg=Bayreuth (b. 1671).
- Generation Eleven:
- Frederick August II (Wettin) of Saxony, King of Poland. Frederick was born October 17, 1696 and died October 5, 1763.
You are the visitor since August 8, 2002.
© 1997 MJKnecht@aol.com
This page is designed and updated by Maggie Sypniewski
Last updated on August 8, 2002.
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page