Sypniewski Who's Who - Page Two (J-Z)
Written and researched by Margaret Odrowaz Sypniewski
SYPNIEWSKI is the 49,120th most popular surname in the United States. It's frequency is rated at 0.000%, percentile is 85.785 (source CBN)*****
With that in mind, it seems like the Sypniewskis are a rare bunch. However, many have achieved more than their "15 minutes of fame," as coined by Andy Warhol.
Sypniewskis With First Names beginning With - "J" -
- J. SYPNIEWSKI of Lower Austria is a certified physician of Neurology at 2042 Guntersdorf.
- JADWIGA SYPNIEWSKI died June 26, 1900, and is buried in St. Mary's Catholic Cemetary, Manitowoc (Manitowoc County), Wisconsin. This cemetary is located on the southeast corner of 18th and Division Street. One section is used by St. Mary's Church and the other is used by the Sisters of Saint Mary's Home (Felician Sisters) for nuns and for those people living in the home who are without family.
- JAMES "Jamie" SYPNIEWSKI has a B.S. in Mathematics and Business from Wake Forest University. He is a Manager of Business Analysis at Volvo Trucks of North America, and was manager for systems and processes in support of Volvo's launch of the VN product line in North America. Prior to working at Volvo, Sypniewski was responsible for the starting up of a light manufacturing company..
- JAN SYPNIEWSKI was known as Jan Slave (deceased) who was a topical journalist for the Neue Zuercher Zeitung in Zurich, Switzerland. He was a resistance member.
- JANICE SYPNIEWSKI is the Calculations Clerk (in charge of ordering) at the University of Buffalo's Lockwood Library.
- JAREK SYPNIEWSKI was the cinematographer of the Movie Kresy that was a Polish documentary shown on Polish TV. (1 hour in length)(see Marek Sypniewski).
- JAROSLAW SYPNIEWSKI is a Polish cinematographer and director. His IMDB Website
- DR JOANNA ODROWAZ-SYPNIEWSKI, of Warsaw, was a speaker/participant in the June 12-15th, 2000 University of St. Andrews workshop in their Arché Program at Edgecliffe (Centre for the philosophy of Logic, Language, Mathematics, and Mind)
- JOHN SYPNIEWSKI was in the Woodfield Lanes Bowling Tournament in Chicago, Illinois. He won 7th place (score 981) and $66.00. He also won (Team 14) for a purse of %54.50.
- DR. JOSEF SYPNIEWSKI co-authored a book with A.J. Gillette and W. C. King, in 1992,called A Subsurface Imaging Scheme as Applied in Search for Dinosaur Remains. This book is about the Geophysical diffraction tomography at a dinosaur site. This book is used as a text in some universities. Josef was in Austin, Texas at last report.
- JOZEF SYPNIEWSKI (1883-1910) was a priest. He was listed in:
- Advocates in Behalf of the Priests and Church Matters From the Motherland 1861-1915. Materials from The State Documents under Russian Authority
- Kubicki, Pawel. Archives of the Conservator of Monuments, Both Monastic and Private Sandomierz, 1933, 1940.
- JOSEF SYPNIEWSKI is the owner of SypTech Co. in San Antonio, Texas. Syp Tech was established in 1994, as part of the Michigan Center for High Technology. Joseph/Josef has a PhD. and taught at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. SypTech conducts research, development, and commerialization of imaging and positioning systems for medical, automotive, security, manufacturing, environmental, and geophysics applications. The SypTech Corporation page is at: http://www.sytech.com/
- JOSEPH SYPNIEWSKI - Former First Ward Grand Rapids City Commissioner
Joseph Sypniewski's Obituary. Mr. Sypniewski once owned a tool distributing business and was a graduate of Catholic Central High School, and also attended Aquinas College.
- DR JOSEPH SYPNIEWSKI is a doctor of Obstetrics & Gynecology. His office is located at:
North Michigan Hospital
101 West Mitchell Street
Petoskey, Michigan (MI) 49770
- JOZEF SYPNIEWSKI (PRINCE) was the subject of a painting by Felik Sypniewski.
- JULES SYPNIEWSKI was a Polish gentleman who visited Anaheim, CA. in 1876. Jules traveled there with Henryk Sienkiewicz to search for a suitable location for a small colony of Polish who wished to live in the USA. Karol Bozenta Chapowski was a promoter of this search. Chapowski's wife was the famous Madame Helena Modjeska(scroll to Helena Modjeska Collection), a famous Polish actress. Sypniewski and Sienkiewicz went back to Poland, but they described Anaheim, California, as a wonderful place to settle.
Sienkiewicz stayed in California and wrote articles for Warsaw Gazeta Polska. He then wrote "Orso" a story about the circus, a love story between the strong man and an acrobat.
In July the Sypniewski family came back to Anaheim, CA. with the Chapowskis (including Rudolphe, son of Modjeska), their maid Anusia, and Lucien Paprocki (a caricaturist). Sypniewski rented a house for Madame Modjeska on Center Street. Apparently Helen was not too fond of Jules' choice. She thought it too small. For more information see: Modjeska Canyon
More on Sypniewski/Sienkiewicz Friendship(NEW).
- My parents often spoke of this connection, but I've yet to discover how we relate.
- JULIAN SYPNIEWSKI (1844- )was a revolutionary. He is listed in:
- Powstanie stycznicwe: Notatki biograficzne. z oryginalnemi. Jerzy Maliszewski. Warszawa - 1932. I am not certain if Julian and Jules Sypniewski are one in the same, however, I do know that Jules was imprisoned with Karol Bozenta Chapowski (see above) after the Polish uprising of 1863. This is where they met and became friends.
Sypniewskis With the First Name Beginning with - "K"
- KEVIN SYPNIEWSKI provides a service for the elderly with his web site, Assistguide. Kevin is the President of Assist Guide, Inc. He received a Bachelor's degree, in business, from Southern Methodist University. Kevin resides in Kailua, Hawaii, and was featured in the December 10, 1998; Star Bulletin; Hawaii Inc. Kevin has served on the Hawaii Long Term League for Nursing Reimbursement Committee and the Join Legislative Committee on Long Term Care.
- Assist Guide
Sypniewskis With the First Name Beginning with - "L"
Sypniewskis With the First Name Beginning with - "M"
- LAUREN SYPNIEWSKI played with the Fellowship of Strings ar the Crooked Tree Arts Council 2004 annual fundraiser (See "ADAM") In Petosky, Michigan.
- MACIEJ SYPNIEWSKI the educator in Poland. This one is complete with photo.
- See: HERE
- MAREK SYPNIEWSKI was the director of a documentary movie filmed in Poland called Kresy This movie was an hour TV movie.
- MARIA SYPNIEWSKI was a volunteer at William Beaumont Hospital in Troy, Michigan in 1997.
- MARION EDWARD SYPNIEWSKI was the son of Boleslaw and Lucy (nee Dobrogojsk) Sypniewski and he was born on February 13, in Czarmanie, in Warsaw County. Marian graduated from a teaching seminar in Kozmine (1929) He was a teacher in Podiedzikach, near Poznan. He finished military school as a ground troop (1930) He was assigned to the 58th Infantry Regiment. Marian was married.
***Information from Katyn' Ksiego Cmentaarna (Katyn's Cemetary Log Book)
Katyn Massacre ... Polish Claims About Katyn ... Links to Articles About Katyn ... Katyn Memorial (S) ... Stamps Commemorating the Katyn Massacre
- MARION SYPNIEWSKI (1955- )was on the Polish Olympic Fencing Team. He was a member of the Gwiazda Bydgoszcz and Warsaw League, two-time Olympic Bronze Medalist (1980-1992 foil team). Marion Sypniewski was World Champion Fencing Team Member (1978 team). He is also listed in the 1980 Polish Men's team along with Adam Robak, Boguslaw Zych, Lech Koziejowski at Moscow. He won Bronze in Barcelona in 1992. He won an Individual Bronze Medal in 1983, and team medal in 1993.
My Own Page on Marion Sypniewski
- MARTIN SYPNIEWSKI is a writer. Read his article about the Serpent Mounds of Ohio.
- MATTHEW J. SYPNIEWSKI is a member of the Editorial Board as the Executive Editor for Lead Articles at Albany Law School...
Albany Law School
- MATTHEW R. SYPNIEWSKI is a professor at Schoolcraft College, and Madonna University. Matthew has a Bachelors of Arts and a Masters of Arts from Eastern Michigan University, with minors in telecommunication and film. Matthew enjoys the sport of fencing, and re-enacting.
- MATTHIAS SYPNIEWSKI Austrian Actor. Matthias Sypniewski. Look under 1981 "Astoria" at the Bergenz Theater.
- MEGAN SYPNIEWSKI plays soccer in Jacksonville, Florida for the Panthers in the Got Milk 3V3 Soccer Match.
- MICHAEL SYPNIEWSKI works as a photographer at the Star-Ledger, New Jersey. He has been a photojournalist since 1985. He has worked for the Somerset Press, Princeton Packet, The News Tribune (Woodbridge), and the Star-Ledger. His free-lance work has been with the Associated Press and the New York Times.
- MIKE SYPNIEWSKI is a Michigan baseball player that played for Stevenson, Sterling Heights. At the Walled Lake Western on May 16, 2002.
- MIKE SYPNIEWSKI played baseball for Hillsdale College at Third Base on May 2, 2004. Not sure if the Mike above is the same person?
Sypniewskis With the First Name Beginning with - "P"
- PIA SYPNIEWSKI, of Lukas Weiss Musical Productions.
- PIOTR SYPNIEWSKI is a choregrapher and director of a dance troupe in Warsaw, Poland. They do what they label "Hip Hop" street dancing. Website
- PIOTR L. SYPNIEWSKI (Piotr Lukasz Odrowaz-Ponte-Sypniewski) - I originally found Piotr at: "misterpoland.republika.pl" However, this page is no longer up and running.
PIOTR was second place in the Mr. Poland Competition,
in 1998, and he used to work with the Dane Modeling agency. He was born in 1975. He is now married to Maria P. Ponte-Sypniewski Abrera. Piotr and his wife presently live in Japan. He works for Access Internship & Travel at:
1F Grace Iijima Bldg.
Tomaz Sypniewski, Piotr's father, is a lawyer.
- PRZEMYSLAW SYPNIEWSKI, Communications Ministry spokesman told PAP on June 13, 2001 that Gaztelecom, Gazprom's telecommunications arm, will not be permitted to offer telecommunications services via optical links laid along the Polish stretch of the Yamal-Europe gas pipeline. His statements reflect the Polish government's official stance, which has been presented to the Russian side and will remain unchanged.
Sypniewskis With the First Name Beginning with - "Q"
- QUINN SYPNIEWSKI, from Johnson, Iowa, is a sought after football player. He has listings many places on the internet, including this profile:Quinn Sypniewski ... Tom Lemming's Top 100 as reported on May 4, 2000. He was in recruitment at University of Michigan, Purdue, and Colorado. He was last known playing tight end for the Colorado Buffalo's football team.
Quinn's father, George Sypniewski, was head coach at Johnston High School from 1976-1989. George was a linebacker for the Bulldogs, and was named the most valuable linebacker as a senior in 1971. A Chicago native, George Sypniewski graduated from Drake in 1972 and received his masters degree in 1978. His wife name is Cheryl. George is listed in Drake 2000 as an outside linebacker football coach.
Sypniewskis With the First Name Beginning with - "R"
- RAYMOND C. SYPNIEWSKI is a retired teacher of English and social studies. He does re-enacting as William F. Cody ("Buffalo Bill")and Christopher Columbus as his hobby. He directed Quiz Bowl, Geography Bee, and a school based TV show called WCHBTV.
- RICHARD A. SYPNIEWSKI is pursuing a Master's Degree in Spanish Translation at Kent State University
. He hails from Michigan.
- SGT. ROBERT RAYMOND SYPNIEWSKI, KIA on September 24, 1950. Member of the 1st Marine Division. He was from Trenton, New Jersey; U.S. Military personnel who died from hostile action in the Korean War (1950-1957). Uncle of Bob Sypniewski above. Brother of Carl Sypniewski of Ocean View, New Jersey. ( National Achives and Records Administration).
- RYAN SYPNIEWSKI of Radford, Virginia; captured a title at the American Junior Golf Associations(AJGA) Junior All-Star Classic at Magnolia Grove in Mobile, Alabama; in 1998.
- 2ND LT. RYSZARD SYPNIEWSKI of the 14th Artillery brigade was the recipient of the Polish Order of the Virtuti Militari (5th class) #1964, on February 19, 1921. (Copyrighted 1997 by Z. Weslowski and FEEFHS). For more information, you have to pay $5.00. See The Order of Virtuti Militari or my Polish Military page for an explanation of this coveted award.
Sypniewskis With the First Name Beginning with - "S"
- SANDEE SYPNIEWSKI of Edison, New Jersey, is a member of the National Bird Feeding Society.
- SARAH SYPNIEWSKI, American Red Cross/Americorps. Los Angeles, California. Writer of "Paws Amidst Pain."
- SUSAN M. SYPNIEWSKI was running for Mentor City Council Ward 2 in Ohio. She is the wife of Mark Sypniewski.
- SUSAN J. SYPNIEWSKI is presently living in Scottsville, Michigan and is teaching at West Shore Community College. She is married to James Sypniewski. Susan was born in Freeport, Indiana, and was MSA chair Nurse at Ivy Tech State College in South Bend, Indiana, before moving to Michigan.
- STANISLAW SYPNIEWSKI was a Electronical Engineer in 1933. More is listed in:
- Spis inzynierow elektrykow polskich I. Wydanie. Warsaw, 1936.
Sypniewskis With the First Name Beginning with - W"
- WLADYSLAW SYPNIEWSKI was exiled for being a rebel. More on this in:
- Zlota ksiega korpusu sanitarnego polskiego 1797-1918 Ludwik Zembrzuski. Warszawa, 1927.
- WLADYSLAW SYPNIEWSKI was a school principal in Radzilow primary school and was murdered by the Third Reich in Radzilow. Radzilow was an important center as it was the seat of the District Court, which was established in 1548 until the third partitioning of Poland.
- WOJCIECH ODROWAZ-SYPNIEWSKI is the head of the Parliamentary Law group of the Bureau of Research of the Polish Sejm
Sypniewskis With the First Name Beginning with - "Z"
- ZBIGNIEW ODROWAZ-SYPNIEWSKI is the President, General Manager of Softman Software, a Polish company (founded in 1991) located in Warsaw, Poland.
CLICK HERE to see SYPNIEWSKIS Found in Public Records
You are the visitor since November 3, 2003
Webmaster: Margaret Odrowaz-Sypniewski, B.F.A.,
Last updated on July 7, 2008
© 1997 E-Mail:Maggie973@aol.com
This page is hosted by