Key Locations in Billy the Kid's Life
This part of my site is about the key locations in Billy the Kid's life. If you have any suggestions or think I should add a location, please e-mail me.
- New York, Indiana, Missouri, or Buffalo Gap, Texas---Billy the Kid's possible birthplaces.
- Wichita, Kansas---Billy the Kid spent some of his childhood here.
- Santa Fe, New Mexico---Billy's mother, Catherine married William Antrim here. Billy was also brought here after his capture at Stinking Springs.
- Silver City, New Mexico---Billy's mother Catherine died, Billy was arrested for clothes theft, and he escaped from jail here.
- Fort Grant, Arizona---Billy killed his first man, Frank Cahill here.
- Seven Rivers area, New Mexico---Billy first reached Lincoln County here and worked on the Jones farm.
- Lincoln County, New Mexico---Billy rode with the Jessie Evans Gang here, fought in the Lincoln County War, killed some people here, made some friends, met Gov. Lew Wallace here, escaped from jail a few times, and rustled some livestock here.
- Roswell, New Mexico---Billy and the Regulators hid out here often at the Chisum ranch during the Lincoln County War. Later, the Rustlers stole Chisum's cattle here.
- Blazer's Mills, New Mexico---Billy and the Regulators fought the infamous Battle of Blazer's Mills here with Buckshot Roberts.
- San Patricio, New Mexico---Billy and the Regulators hid out here with local Hispanic friends during the Lincoln County War.
- Fort Sumner, New Mexico---Billy lived a good part of his life here after the Lincoln County War. He also killed Texas Joe Grant here in a saloon. Allegedly, he also was killed here.
- Anton Chico, New Mexico---Billy stayed here often and sold stolen livestock here.
- Puerto de Luna, New Mexico---Another hideout of the Kid's and a place where he sold stolen livestock.
- Las Vegas, New Mexico---Billy gambled and hid out here often. Possibly, he also met Jesse James here.
- Tascosa, Texas---Billy and the Regulators disbanded here. Later, Billy and the Rustlers stole and sold livestock here.
- White Oaks, New Mexico---Billy and gang kept stolen livestock here at the Dedrick & West livery stable. Also, Billy and fellow Rustlers Dirty Dave Rudabaugh and Billy Wilson killed Deputy James Carlyle near here.
- Los Portales, New Mexico---Billy and Charlie Bowdre kept a ranch here where they kept stolen cattle and horses.
- Stinking Springs, New Mexico---Billy and the Rustlers were captured here by Sheriff-elect Pat Garrett and posse.
- La Mesilla, New Mexico---Billy went to trial and was convicted here for the murder of Sheriff William Brady.
- Hico, Texas---Billy (possibly) died here in late 1950.