- Ford- Conservative. Gerald Ford adopted an energy program for the country. He also wanted to
cut the spending on social programs.
- Carter- Liberal. Jimmy Carter established The Department of Energy for the country. He also
raised taxes and made welfare more available to the public. He cut the military's spending money.
- Regan- Conservative. Ronald Regan cut taxes. He had one of the biggest tax cuts in the history
of the United States. He made cuts in government spending and raised military spending.
- Bush- Moderate. George Bush didn't do many things economically. He raised taxes for the country and had a middle class tax cut.
- Clinton- Moderate. Bill Clinton made a mid class tax cut. He also made more of a government program.