Fact or Fiction
Some misconceptions about Cerebral Palsy
Donít get caught in the web. The difference is only skin-deep.
1. Cerebral Palsy is genetic--it can be passed from parent to offspring.
2. People with cerebral palsy have a shortened life-span.
3. Cerebral Palsy can range from mild to severe.
1. FICTION: Cerebral Palsy is not genetic...It is the result of brain damage to a baby around the time of birth.
2. FICTION: People that have cerebral palsy can live a normal life span.
3. FACT: The amount of impairment depends on the ammount of brain damage sustained.
Highlight the page you would like to visit, then click GO