August 20, 2006
Ooookay, it's Day 2 of the Great Bus Fiasco of '06.
I got ALL of the junk out and dismantled some stuff. I gotta tell ya, whoever retrofitted this thing made sure NOTHING was going to shake loose. I spent a great deal of time with a little Makita angle grinder lopping off bolt heads.
I made an attempt to level it today. No dice. The best tool I had for the job was an old wagon jack. Even with a 4 foot piece of pipe on the handle, I was barely able to raise a front wheel off the ground. It must be heavier than it looks. I used a stack of 2x6 blocks under the front axle but by the time I lowered the jack, I had only gained an inch or so. I'll borrow a house jack, by God...
Update on the Silver King milk dispenser... it works! Plugged it in and within a half hour or so it was near the "freeze zone". The malt mixers both work too.
Here's a couple shots of it "clean". It will likely never look like this again!