|Combat Leader Identification|
Bar Under Chevron
|Close up of the Bar||Variation of the Bar|
The Combat Leader Identification Bar was adopted during the Second World War to indicate those with direct command responsibility of a small combat unit. Originally and during the Second World War, these were a green cloth bar worn under the chevron. On April 2, 1951 a green sleeve that slipped over the shoulder loop of the coat was approved as the modern version of this insignia.