Be sure to also check out the Meat-Free Main Dishes page! Many of those recipes can easily have ground beef, stew beef or chicken added to them!
Guam Beef from Carol Bell (Laurie's mom)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oil
3 tbl. molasses or brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. salt
1 pound beef cut into strips for kabobs.
Mix ingredients together and leave meat in marinade for 20 minutes. Thread on skewers and grill.
Eye Round Roast Barbara Moody (Steve's mom)
- Preheat oven to 425 deg. Put eye round roast in for 10 min. and then lower the oven temp. to 400 deg. for one hour. If roast is very large, cut in half. This creates a perfect "medium" (pink in middle) roast.
- This type of roast is too lean for a lot of drippings to add to a gravy. What you can get out will be loosened the easiest by pouring a bit of boiling water into the cooking pan.
- Add Au Jus Gravy Mix to have enough gravy for potatoes or rice.
Garlic Chicken N Rice Casserole from Martha Flournoy
1 cup long cooking rice
2 cups boiling water
2 ckn. bouillon cubes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 chicken breasts
- Mix boiling water and bouillon cubes until cubes dissolve.
- Add rice, soup, and garlic to the bouillon mix.
- Pour this mixture into a 9X13 casserole dish, and arrange the chicken on top.
- Bake at 350 deg. for 1-1/2 hours, covered with foil until the last 20 minutes for browning time.
Pasta Pie from Jan Warde
1 cup grated Parmesan
1 pound shredded mozerella
1/4 cup cream OR Half 'N Half
1/4 cup parsley
1 lb. cooked pasta
1 pound chopped, cooked sausage, salami, or pepperoni.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Grease a round, 10 in. diameter pan.
- Bake at 375 deg. for 45 min. and turn out immediately onto a serving platter. Garnish with fresh scallions.
Orange Chicken from Laurie Moody
1-1/4 pounds chicken breasts
1/2 tbl. extra virgin olive oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 tsp. flour
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup frozen concentrate orange juice, thawed
2 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
1 cup mandarin oranges, warm
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides and remove from pan.
- Saute mushrooms in chicken liquid and olive oil, and add flour, stirring well.
- Continue stirring and add water, orange juice concentrate, and bouillon cubes as you bring the mixture to a boil.
- Put chicken back in skillet and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until juices run clear from chicken.
- Garnish with scallions and oranges.
Chicken Enchiladas from Laurie Moody
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
2 cans stewed, chopped tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
1 cup coooked rice
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 pkg. flour tortillas
1 can enchilada sauce
Optional: add chili peppers if you like things spicy!
- Mix all ingredients except sour cream, cheeses, tortillas and enchilada sauce in a large skillet and simmer until warmed through and vegetables are soft. About 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and one cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Evenly divide filling to go among the tortillas, and roll up, placing in 9X13 baking dish seam side down. Spread enchilada sauce evenly over the top of the rolled, filled tortillas.
- Bake at 350 deg. for 20 min., and then add mixed cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Continue baking for 10 more minutes.
Note: I came up with this recipe one night when we wanted enchiladas, but were missing some of the ingredients I usually used. Steve and Bradley insisted I write down what I did so we could have it again!
Sunday Roast Beef from Laurie Moody
large roast--2.5-3 pounds
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- Place beef in 9x13 baking dish, and spread mushroom soup on top.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 3.5 hours or until done.
Note: We call this Sunday Roast because it can bake while you are at church. If you want to shorten the baking time, simply increase the temperature. This creates a wonderful smell when you walk in the door, and the gravy is incredible!! This is nice to serve with company potatoes as both can cook while you are gone.
Meat-Free Main Dishes Side Dishes
Soups Salads Appetizers
Breads Breakfast Dishes Desserts Special Drinks
Non-Dairy Meal Ideas
Please visit my graphics credits page if you like the graphics I have used!
This page and contents Copyright © 2000 Laurie Moody