Christiana Burrall ( Twin )
Descendants of William Quinter Potts
Generation No. 1
1. William Quinter4 Potts (William3, Edward2, Edward1) was born September 15, 18481, and died June 11, 1901 in Ardmore, Pa2. He married Christiana Burrall3,4 January 18, 1870 in Mr. and Mrs. Henry Palsgroves house5, daughter of Isaac Burrall and Christina. She was born February 14, 1840 in Franklin Co., PA6, and died December 25, 1926 in Jersey City, NJ7.
Notes for Christiana Burrall:
Christianna's or Christiana name is spelled on the marriage certificate as Christianna Borrel.
Christiana died at her sons home. She was buried in Oak Hill Cemetary, Vineland, N.J.
More About Christiana Burrall:
Burial: Oak Hill Cemetery, Vineland, Cumberland, NJ8
More About William Potts and Christiana Burrall: Marriage: January 18, 1870, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Palsgroves house9
Child of William Potts and Christiana Burrall is:
+ 2 i. John Wellington5 Potts, born July 28, 1871 in Monocacy,Pa; died July 07, 1937 in Lynn, Mass..
Generation No. 2
2. John Wellington5 Potts (William Quinter4, William3, Edward2, Edward1) was born July 28, 1871 in Monocacy,Pa10, and died July 07, 1937 in Lynn, Mass.11. He married Eleanor Vaughan Hampton12 January 03, 1893 in Philadelphia, Pa, daughter of Lewis Hampton and Catharine Llewellyn. She was born February 27, 1870 in Philadelphia, PA13, and died January 04, 1948 in Nursing Home, Bridgeton, NJ.
Notes for John Wellington Potts:
John and Eleanor were living at 91 Park Ave in Lynn Mass in 1936.
1900 NJ Census: (Pleasantville Borough, Atlantic CO, Microfilm 954, book 1,pg 149)
John W. Patts (Potts),head of househould, white male, born July 1871 in PA, age 29, married 7 years, occupation carpenter, unemployed 9 months, rents home, both parents born in PA Ellen, wife, white female, born Feb. 1870 in PA, age 30, married 7 years, mother of 3 children, 3 living, both parents born in PA Clarence, son, white male, born June 1894 in PA, age 5
Anna, daughter, white female, born July 1896 in PA, age 3 Morris, son, white male, born Feb 1900 in NJ, age 4/12 (4 months).
1910 PA Census: Haverford Twp (North District) Delaware Co PA
John W. Potts age 39 married 17 years, occupation superintendant of Beechwood Park Eleanor, wife, age 40 married 17 years, mother of 3 children, 3 living Clarence, son, age 15
Annie M, daughter age 13
Morris R, son, age 10
Christiana, mother, age 70, widow
More About John Wellington Potts:
Burial: Oak Hill Cemetery, Vineland, Cumberland, NJ14
Census: 1910, PA15
Notes for Eleanor Vaughan Hampton:
Eleanor suffered from what is known today (1999) as Alzheimer's disease.
She was a member of the Daughters of the Revolution (not DAR) for many years.
After John died, Eleanor went to live with her daughter in Millville, NJ
More About Eleanor Vaughan Hampton:
Burial: January 07, 1948, Oak Hill Cemetary, Vineland, Cumberland, NJ
Marriage Notes for John Potts and Eleanor Hampton: I have the original copy of the marriage certificate.
More About John Potts and Eleanor Hampton: Marriage: January 03, 1893, Philadelphia, Pa
Children of John Potts and Eleanor Hampton are:
+ 3 i. Clarence Hampton Potts6 Sr., born June 12, 1894; died 1952 in Salem Hospital, Salem, NJ.
+ 4 ii. Anna Marie Potts, born July 18, 1896 in Phila., PA; died May 21, 1980 in Millville Hospital, Millville, NJ.
+ 5 iii. Maurice Raymond Potts, born February 27, 1900 in New Jersey.
Generation No. 3
3. Clarence Hampton Potts6 Sr. (John Wellington5 Potts, William Quinter4, William3, Edward2, Edward1) was born June 12, 189416, and died 1952 in Salem Hospital, Salem, NJ. He married Florence Atwood. She was born August 08, 1896 in Carver, Plymouth Co, MA, and died February 1978 in NJ.
Notes for Clarence Hampton Potts Sr.:
Newspaper obit states Clarence H. Potts was 58 years old and died after lengthy illness. He was employed at Winslow Drug Store and had lived in Vineland, NJ for 36 years.
More About Clarence Hampton Potts Sr.:
Burial: Oak Hill Cemetary, Vineland, NJ
Children of Clarence Sr. and Florence Atwood are: 6 i. Eleanor7 Potts. She married Unknown Coulter.
Notes for Eleanor Potts:
Eleanor Potts Coulter of Buena, N.J., surviving daughter of Clarence H. Potts, Sr.
+ 7 ii. William Morris Potts, Sr..
8 iii. Howard Potts, died Unknown.
Notes for Howard Potts:
Howard was not listed as a surviving son of Clarence H. Sr. I am assuming he died prior to his fathers death in 1952.
9 iv. Dorthea Potts. She married unknown Ciccio.
Notes for Dorthea Potts:
Dorthea Potts Ciccio, surviving daughter of Clarence H. Potts Sr., of Rosenhayne, NJ
10 v. Anna Marie Potts. She married Unknown Worden.
Notes for Anna Marie Potts:
Anna Marie Potts Worden or Worder of Bridgeton, Surviving daughter of Clarence H. Potts, Sr.
11 vi. Clarence H Potts Jr..
Notes for Clarence H Potts Jr.:
Clarence was surving in the U.S. Army in Korea when his father died.
4. Anna Marie6 Potts (John Wellington5, William Quinter4, William3, Edward2, Edward1)17 was born July 18, 1896 in Phila., PA18, and died May 21, 1980 in Millville Hospital, Millville, NJ19. She married David Merritt Satterlee20,21 February 12, 1920 in Vineland, NJ22, son of Alfred Satterlee and Flora Clark. He was born November 07, 1899 in New Jersey23,24, and died May 12, 1976 in Tampa, Hillsborough, Florida24,25.
Notes for Anna Marie Potts:
Anna taught school until the age of 70. Her last assignment was at Bridgeton Junior High School in Bridgeton N.J. teaching 7th grade science.
She died from a massive bleeding ulcer, believed to be caused by the medications she was taking for her severe arthritis. She died in Millville Hospital.
More About Anna Marie Potts:
Burial: May 24, 1980, Greenwood Cemetary, Millville, NJ26
Cause of Death: Gastrointestinal hemorrhage from ulcer Graduation: 1915, West Chester State College27 Medical Information:
Residence: 1014 N. High St., Millville, NJ
Social Security Number: 155-18-3471
Notes for David Merritt Satterlee:
Anna and Merritt separated in the late 1940's. They never divorced. He lived in Florida until his death under the name Robert Taylor.
More About David Merritt Satterlee:
Burial: May 17, 1976, Mt. Pleasant Cemetary, Millville, NJ28
Social Security Number: 145-05-5753
Will: October 22, 1945, Hand written will
More About David Satterlee and Anna Potts: Marriage: February 12, 1920, Vineland, NJ29
Child of Anna Potts and David Satterlee is:
+ 12 i. Janice Meryl7 Satterlee, born February 22, 1927 in Millville,Cumberland NJ; died June 01, 2000 in Millville, Cumberland, NJ.
5. Maurice Raymond6 Potts (John Wellington5, William Quinter4, William3, Edward2, Edward1) was born February 27, 1900 in New Jersey30. He married (1) Unknown. He married (2) Helen Elizabeth Mae Gaskill March 20, 1920 in Vineland, NJ.
Notes for Maurice Raymond Potts:
Maurice was married to someone unknown. They had one child Marcia. He then married Helen Elizabeth Mae Gaskill.
I have not been able to track Maurice (Morris) or his family in the year 2000. It appears as if Morris changed his last name.
Notes for Helen Elizabeth Mae Gaskill:
Morris had 1 daughter by first wife (unknown) named Marcia. He had 3 children by his second wife.
More About Maurice Potts and Helen Gaskill: Marriage: March 20, 1920, Vineland, NJ
Child of Maurice Potts and Unknown is:
13 i. Marcia Helen7 Potts.
Children of Maurice Potts and Helen Gaskill are: 14 i. Maurine7 Potts.
15 ii. John W` Potts.
16 iii. Raymond Potts.
Generation No. 4
7. William Morris7 Potts, Sr. (Clarence Hampton Potts6 Sr., John Wellington5 Potts, William Quinter4, William3, Edward2, Edward1) He married Marjorie F. Nicholson31. She was born in Minnesota32, and died October 13, 2000 in Clearwater, Florida33.
Notes for William Morris Potts, Sr.:
William's father's obituary indicated survived by son William of Florida.
Notes for Marjorie F. Nicholson:
Obituary appearing in Daily Journal Millville, NJ on Oct. 24, 2000:
Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts, 69, of Clearwater, Fla., died Oct 13 after a brief illness.
Survivors: Husband, William M. Potts, Sr., seven daughters, Kathleen Swanson, Roberta Burt, Marleen Talone and Joyce Kalla, all of Millville, Geraldine Sachetti of Vineland, Colleen Daigle and Rosalie Potts, of Clearwater, Fla., three sons, Howard Potts and Robert Potts of Millville, and Edward Potts of Chester, Va,. She was preceded in death by her son, William M. Potts, Jr.
Children of William Potts and Marjorie Nicholson are: 17 i. Kathleen8 Potts34.
18 ii. Roberta Potts35.
19 iii. Marlene Potts36.
20 iv. Joyce Potts37.
21 v. Geraldine Potts38.
22 vi. Colleen Potts39.
23 vii. Rosalie Potts40.
24 viii. Howard Potts41.
25 ix. Robert Potts42.
26 x. Edward Potts43.
27 xi. William M. Potts, Jr.44.
12. Janice Meryl7 Satterlee (Anna Marie6 Potts, John Wellington5, William Quinter4, William3, Edward2, Edward1)45 was born February 22, 1927 in Millville,Cumberland NJ45, and died June 01, 2000 in Millville, Cumberland, NJ46. She married Thomas Francis Servis May 17, 1947 in Millville, NJ, son of Archibald Servis and Margaret Davison. He was born May 24, 1924 in Princeton Mercer Co NJ.
Notes for Janice Meryl Satterlee:
Janice was born in Millville, NJ. She spent her early years in Caldwell, NJ. During her elementary school years, the family returned to Millville at 1014 N. High St. She attended the Wood School, and the Millville High School on Broad St. where she graduated 1944.
Janice was a member of the First Presbyterian Church at 2nd and Pine Streets all her life. She directed the choir in the 1960's and again in the late 1980's.
She attended West Minister Choir College in Princeton, NJ
Janice lived in Princeton from 1947 until 1955 with her husband Tom. While there she worked for Educational Testing and RCA. When Janice moved to Millville, she started working at the Prudential Insurance Company and retired after 30 years as a Supervisor of the Medical Administration Unit in the Linwood, NJ office.
In her retirement years she enjoyed traveling with her husband. They took several cruises. They also took a Scandanavian trip, to England, Norway, Denmark in 1988. Janice also enjoyed doing crafts and was an experienced knitter. She also loved to bake and at Christmas time at least 30 different cookies and breads would be made. Janice also loved to play the piano and was a wonderful singer.
Janice was diagnosed with Alzheimers disease in 1997 and was cared for by her husband and the HospiceCare of South Jersey until her death. She entered the hospital on Monday, May 29, 2000 after becoming very ill and died at the hospital on Thursday June 1, 2000 in the A.M.
Janice Died from Alzheimer's disease.
More About Janice Meryl Satterlee:
Baptism: June 10, 1927, First Presbyterian Church, Millville,NJ47
Burial: June 05, 2000, Greenwood Cemetery, Millville NJ48
Notes for Thomas Francis Servis:
Thomas served in the North Atlantic and Pacific in WWII Navy. Moved from Princeton to Millville, N.J in 1950's.
More About Thomas Servis and Janice Satterlee: Marriage: May 17, 1947, Millville, NJ
Children of Janice Satterlee and Thomas Servis are: 28 i. David Thomas8 Servis, born June 25, 1953 in Princeton, Mercer, NJ. He married Marjorie Jean Buganski June 19, 1984 in New Jersey; born September 14, 1955 in New Jersey.
More About David Servis and Marjorie Buganski: Marriage: June 19, 1984, New Jersey
+ 29 ii. Meryl Anne Servis, born June 20, 1955 in Millville, NJ.
Generation No. 5
29. Meryl Anne8 Servis (Janice Meryl7 Satterlee, Anna Marie6 Potts, John Wellington5, William Quinter4, William3, Edward2, Edward1) was born June 20, 1955 in Millville, NJ. She married Carl Joseph Hallgren January 09, 1982 in Millville, NJ, son of Carl Hallgren and Margaret McReynolds. He was born August 18, 1948 in Philadelphia, PA.
Notes for Carl Joseph Hallgren:
Carl is Vietnam Vet. He was stationed on the USS Midway. Shipped out of San Francisco, Ca.
More About Carl Hallgren and Meryl Servis: Marriage: January 09, 1982, Millville, NJ
Children of Meryl Servis and Carl Hallgren are: 30 i. Megan Elizabeth9 Hallgren, born April 23, 1988 in Bridgeton Hospital, Bridgeton, NJ. 31 ii. Jennifer Ann Hallgren, born December 26, 1989 in Bridgeton Hospital, Bridgeton, NJ.
1. Potts Family bible, William Q Potts was born September the 15 x 18.48.
2. Wilmer S. Potts Family 1909 Family History.
3. Potts Family bible, Christan Burrall was born Febuary the 15 x 18.40.
4. 1850 PA census, Christiana and Barbara are twins.
5. Marriage Certificate, Mr. William Q. Potts of Amity, Berks Co., Penna and Miss Christianna Borrel of Amity, Berks Co., (formerly of Franklin Co., PA) were by me united in Marriage at Henry Palsgroves Jan. 18, 1870 by Thomas Iaeger Ev. Lutheran Minister. Witnesses present Mr. and Mrs. H. Palsgrove.
6. Potts Family bible.
7. Potts Family bible, Christann Burrall Potts died Dec 25, 1926 at Jersey City, NJ. at home of her son John W. Potts - Interment Oak Hill Cemetery - Vineland NJ Lot A 60 S Grave 6.
8. Potts Family bible.
9. Marriage Certificate, Mr. William Q. Potts of Amity, Berks Co., Penna and Miss Christianna Borrel of Amity, Berks Co., (formerly of Franklin Co., PA) were by me united in Marriage at Henry Palsgroves Jan. 18, 1870 by Thomas Iaeger Ev. Lutheran Minister. Witnesses present Mr. and Mrs. H. Palsgrove.
10. Potts Family bible, John Welington Potts was born Julye the 28 x 18.71.
11. Potts Family bible, Newspaper obituary: John W. Potts, 65, 91 Park road (Lynn, Mass) died at his home Wednesday, following an illness of several weeks' duration. Mr. Potts had been a resident of this city for the past five years. Born in Monocacy, Pa., he moved to New York as a Young man and leter lived in New Jersey and Pennsylvania for a number of years. He was employed here as a salesman for permanent wave heating equipment. He leaves his wife, Eleanor, a daughter and son. They are Mrs. Anna M. Satterlee of Millville, N.J. and Clarence Potts of Vineland, N.J. (son Morris not listed)Obituary 2: John Potts formerly of Vineland died yesterday at his home in Lynn, Mass., after a long illness. He was in his sixty-sixth year. Potts for many years operated a poultry farm on Malaga road, north of Walnut road. He moved from Vineland about ten years ago and lived for a time in North Jersey, later moving to Massachusetts. He is survived by his wife, a son Clarence of Vineland, and a daughter, Mrs. D.M. Satterlee of Millville, who taught school here for several years. The funeral will be held Saturday afternoon from the Satterlee home in Millville, with interment in Oak Hill Cemtery.Lot A 60 S grave 5.
12. Llewellyn Family Bible.
13. Llewellyn Family Bible, Ellenor Vaughan Hampton daughter of Lewis W. Hamptona and Catharine his wife was born Sunday February 27th A.D. 1870.
14. John Potts obituary.
15. 1910 Pennsylvania Miracode Index, Enumeration district 0140, Delaware co, image number 03550766.
16. Potts Family bible.
17. Birth certificate, original birth certificate. The original birth certificate had the name Annie Marie Potts. The back of the birth certificate was notorized with the name change of Anna Marie Potts.
18. Birth certificate.
19. Death Record.
20. Marriage Certificate.
21. Newspaper article.
22. Wedding Invitation, Anna and D. Merritt seperated in 1947. They never divorced. I believe Anna destroyed the marriage certificate.
23. Death Record.
25. Death Record.
26. Self, This researcher attended funeral.
28. Self, This researcher attended funeral.
29. Wedding Invitation, Anna and D. Merritt seperated in 1947. They never divorced. I believe Anna destroyed the marriage certificate.
30. Potts Family bible.
31. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," appearing in Daily Journal Oct 24, 2000.
32. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," born in Minnesota.
33. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary."
34. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," daughter Kathleen Swanson of Millville.
35. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," daughter Roberta Burt of Millville.
36. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," daughter Marleen Talone of Millville.
37. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," daughter Joyce Kalla of Millville.
38. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," daughter Geraldine Sachetti of Vineland.
39. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," Colleen Daigle of Clearwater Fla.
40. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," daughter Rosalie Potts of Clearwater Fla.
41. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," son Howard Potts of Millville.
42. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," son Robert Potts of Millville.
43. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," son Edward Potts of Chester, VA.
44. "Marjorie F. (Nicholson) Potts Oct 24, 2000 obituary," preceded in death by her son, William M. Potts, Jr.
45. Birth certificate.
46. Death Record.
47. Newspaper article.
48. Researcher, This researcher attended burial.
- DOB-2/14/1940..Franklin Co. Pa.
- DOD-12/25/1926-Jersy City, NJ
William Quinter Potts
- John Wellington Potts ..DOB-7/28/1977 in Monocacy,Pa....DOD-7/7/1937 in Lynn, Mass.