- Does not work without game installed on your machine. Requires game files only, so it is not necessary to be able to launch the game itself. (You can
download Wizardry 7 DOS version from the main page of this site. You need to download the game in two parts: binaries and sound&graphics).
- Uses mostly pictures & icons from the game data files to make interface more "alive".
- Uses mostly terms and strings directly from the game.
- Uses "heavily based on dialogs" interface which is not so comfortable, but more easy (and less time consuming) to implement.
- Almost in all lists throughout the dialogs you can use double-click to view particular entity from that list.
- Almost every image can be saved as BMP file or placed to clipboard for future use (right-click on the picture to invoke menu).
- Introduces Item List with sortable columns and filtering capabilities. Now you can see what items
you particular character can use or wear.
- Introduces Monster List with sortable columns. Now you can caompare monster by various parameters.
Wizardry 6 Features
Allows to edit most scenario information, except for monster pictures. Allows to view monster pictures. See Wizardry 7 section for detals.
Allows to cheat slightly by modifying Character creation algorithm (increases a chance to get high attribute bonus).
Introduces Save Files Viewer. See Wizardry 7 section for detals.
Introduces Game Information Viewer See Wizardry 7 section for detals.
- Create new Items and modify old ones.
- Create new Monsters and modify old ones.
- Create new Spells and modify old ones.
- Create new NPCs and RPCs and setup their behaviour.
- Create new Locationsand modify old ones.
- Create new Quests - Supports import of 3D models from 3DS, MS3D (Milkshape) and OBJ (Wavefront) formats.
This editor writen by mad god. It is absolutely free. You can download it from here as well as from few other sites. Though here you will always find the
recent version. :)
Note, that editor now requires DirectX 9.0b or 9.0c installed to function properly. Though on some systems it may not be necessary, but on others it is
necessary indeed. Sorry for inconvenience.
Note also, that you might need additional dlls to run the editor. You can find them below (D3DXDLLAugust27.zip).
Note also, that now you require additional dll to run the editor. You can find it below (FreeImage.zip).