Oscar H. Yancey family line...
Here is the info I have on Oscar H. Yancey and his wife Minnie Cornelia Ida Hunt (which I have found to be spelled Cordelia in other locations. I am inclined and have reason to believe it possibly is Cordelia, as my grandmother (my father's mother)named her second born daughter Cordelia.(and I have spotted names being repeated through-out the generations) This is though, just a presumption and I have no official records that Minnie's middle name was infact spelled with a "D" in stead of an "N". (Or vica-versa.)
Oscar's and Minnie's info is as follows:
- Oscar H. Yancey b. 7 Feb 1878 in Ga. d. 3 Sept 1905 in Gwinnett Co. Ga. It is listed as fact that he died of Typhoid.
- Minnie Cornelia (or Cordelia) Ida A. Hunt b. 19 Oct 1877 d. 16 Apr 1941
- They are both buried in Snellville City Cemetery in Gwinnett Co., Georgia
Oscar and Minnie had 7 children as follows:
- Claude Yancey b. 25 may 1895 d. 05 Apr 1948 he is buried in New Hope Baptist Cemetery. Marriage: Malinda Odessa Edwards. They had 17 children.
- Clyde Yancey b. 6 Feb 1897 in Ga. d 14 Jan 1960 in Richmond Co. Ga He is buried in Snellville City cemetery as well. Clyde married a Minnie Edwards and had a son Clyde Edward Yancey b. 23 Oct 1917 and d 24 Oct 1917 in Gwinnett Co. Ga.(Clyde Jr. is also buried in the same cemetery)
- Clara Yancey b. Abt. 1899 (No other info avail.)
- William C. Yancey b. 21 Aug 1900 d. 17 Oct 1964 in Gwinnett Co. Ga. He married a Sallie Mae ??? b. 23 May 1902. They are both buried in Chestnut Grove Church Cemetery in Gwinnett Co. Ga.
- Dewey F. Yancey b. 7 Mar 1902 d. 16 Nov 1963 in Gwinnett Co. Ga. He is buried in Lenora baptist Church cemetery in Gwinnett Co. Ga. He was married and his wife is still listed as living so no info is available on her.
- Infant Yancey b. 4 Nov 1903 d. 4 Nov 1903 burial: Snellville City Cemetery in Gwinnett Co. Ga.
- Living Yancey (this person is still regarded as Living and therefore no info is avail. other than she's female.)