Perhaps because he is the first child, or perhaps because watching him grow and learn is so miraculous, Drew's parents kept close track of all his little firsts. Here we share all the little steps he took, along with any details we can remember.
- Dec. 13, 2002 -- Drew is born at 9:03 p.m., weighing in at 6 lbs., 12 oz., and 20 1/2 inches tall
- May 20, 2003 -- Drew sleeps through the night! And all we did was stop feeding him until morning a couple times... he got the hint quickly.
- May 26, 2003 -- Drew's first solid food is runny rice cereal... and some of it gets into his tummy!
- June 16, 2003 -- Drew eats strained carrots for the first time. He looks puzzled, but eats a couple spoonfuls
- July 2, 2003 -- First try at using a sippy cup. It took a couple days before he got anything out.
- July 27, 2003 -- Drew pulls himself up onto his feet (using a leather couch for support)!
- Aug. 8, 2003 -- Drew sits up by himself
- Aug. 10, 2003 -- Drew's baptism. What a good boy; Pastor Dave didn't want to give him back!
- Aug. 17, 2003 -- Drew is forming full mouth bubbles.
- Aug. 19, 2003 -- Drew's first tooth (lower front left)
- Sept. 1, 2003 -- Drew starts GA-ing
- Sept. 8, 2003 -- Drew is clapping his hands! YAY!!!
- Sept. 11, 2003 -- Drew plays peek-a-boo with Mommy (actually, he peeked himself while Mommy watched.)
- Sept. 29, 2003 -- Ate first Cheerio
- Sept. 2003 -- First word is DA-DA.
- Oct. 1, 2003 -- Drew is starting to hold onto furniture and walk around the room.
- Oct. 14, 2003 -- Played GIVE with Mommy. He gave Mommy a toy upon request.
- Oct. 29, 2003 -- Drew is standing on his own for a few seconds... not holding onto anything.
- First week of Nov., 2003 -- Drew starts taking his first tentative steps away from the furniture, not holding onto anything.
- Nov. 16, 2003 -- Drew takes his first step from Daddy to Mommy.
- December 13, 2003 -- Drew's first birthday. At his birthday party were Uncle Brian, Aunt Leslie, cousins Emily and Maddie, and friend Dale.