Famous drummer pictures
Famous drummers pictures and biographys. Dave Weckl Dennis
Chambers Lars Ulrich Joey Jordison
- Born on May 31, 1948 John Henry Bonham became very serious
about drumming at age ten.
- His first band was Terry Webb and the Spiders.
- Was part of the Crawling King Snakes for a while along with A Way of Life
was in the third Band of Joy with Robert Plant. He used to put his drum set
out in front of the stage so that he would have as much a chance of getting
noticed as Robert.
- Married his wife, Pat, in 1967. They had two kids: a son and a daughter.
- Turned down offers to perform with Joe Cocker and Chris Farlow in order to
join Led Zeppelin.
- His symbol is three rings interlocking, which stands for the trilogy -
man, woman, and child.
- It was taken from a book of runes and he chose it simply because he liked
it. It is also to logo for Ballantine Beer. More recently, it can be seen on
the shield of one of the characters in the animated film "Quest for
- His sequence in The Song Remains the Same shows his family life and his
other love - cars.
- He drag races, rides a motorcycle, and scoots along in his Addams family-esque
car. And he also shows off his cow and drives a tractor.
- He once bragged that he hadn't broken a drum skin in three years, which is
almost unbelievable considering his power and strength.
- Plant later said that what made bonham such a great drummer was that he
didn't not overplay. It was what he held back made him a great drummer.
- At one stop on the 1977 tour in America, Bonham, Peter Grant, and John
Bindon were arrested and later charged for severely beating a security guard
who had pushed Grant's son.
- At another show, Bonham yelled to a disruptive audience member "yeah,
peace love and happiness in here, and I'll kick your ass outside!"
- He loved Heineken beer so much that he was dubbed John
"Heineken" (Henry) Bonham.
- In 1977, he was in a car accident and broke three ribs.
- One of his joys of performing live was yelling as loud as he could while
beating the drums to give it that extra edge.
- Just prior to his death at a show in early 1980, he fell of of his stool
during the third song, indicating the extent of his substance abuse.
- He died on September 24, 1980 at Page's home. He had consumed an
uncountable number of drinks and had been taking a drug to keep him off of
heroin, and when he was laid down to sleep, his face was up instead of down,
which caused him to choke on his own vomit.
Some of the drummers featured at Drummers
Alex Acuna,Tim Alexander,Carl Allen,Robby Ameen,Kenny Arnoff,Ginger Baker,Louis Bellson,Denzil Best,Gregg Bissonette,John Blackwell,Art Blakey,John Boham,Terry Bozzio,Terri Lyne Carrington,Sid Catlett,Dennis Chambers,Jimmy,Chamberlin,Jim Champin,Kenny Clarke,Billy Cobham,Phil Collins,Stewart Copeland,Scott F Crago,Peter Criss,Alan Dawson,David DiCenso,Virgil Donati,Nick Fatool,Chuck Flores,Steve Gadd,Daniella Gavena,Billy Gladstone,Devon Glenn,Jake Hanna,Don Henley,Giovanni Hidalgo,Elvin Jones,Jo Jones,Joey Jordison,Gene Krupa,Don Lamond,Tommy Lee,Mel Lewis,Mike Mangini,Shelly Manne,Harvey Mason,Nicko Mcbrain,Mitch Mitchell,Keith Moon,Stanton Moore,Joe Morello,Charlie Morgen,Rod Morgenstein,Larry Mullen Jr.,Nigel Olsson,Bobby Orr,John Otto,Carl Palmer,Vinnie Paul,Sonny Payne,Neil Peart,Charlie Persip,Simon Philips,Mike Portnoy,Jimmy Pratt,Bernard Purdie,Buddy Rich,Herlin Riley,Max Roach,Ed Shaughnessy,Dick Shanahan,David Silveria,Chad Smith,Steve Smith,Matt Sorum,Ringo Starr,Ronnie Stephenson,Art Taylor,Ed Thigpen,Tico Torres,Dave Tough,Lars Ulrich,Ronnie Verrell,Joey Waronker,Charlie Watts,Jeff Watts,Chick,Webb,Dave Weckl,George Wettling,Shadow Wilson,Adrian Young Alex Van Halen loads more............