How to use the starter mixture
- 1. Fill your container with a suitable mixture for digestion.
It is best to start with a small container such as a large spring
- 2. Fill it with water and horse or cowdung, preferably fresh.
Don't use chicken manure to start with.
- 3. Leave it for a day or two with the cap closed. You are
hoping that there is no oxygen in the mixture before you add
- 4. Add the starter mixture you have received to the container
and make sure that oxygen cannot enter (with the cap closed).
- 5. Keep your mixture warm at a temperature up to 37 degrees.
Look out for vigorous bubbles coming off. The gas that is in
these bubbles should soon contain methane.