National Union of Carbon free energy operators.
The purpose of the Union is to negotiate with government and
industry to receive a share of Carbon Credit money from the Carbon
Exchange system. It will operate in an analagous manner to the
Performing Rights Society.
So far the Carbon Exchange system operates only between large
emitters of carbon dioxide and large producers of renewable energy.
But it is in the interest of us all that there should be millions
of small installations. The object of the Union is to make sure
that the small producer can sell the avoided carbon on the Exchange.
The Union will:
1. Negotiate the rates to be received (sell the credits in
2. Register the producers.
3. Inspect the producers to check that the energy is being
4. Collect the credit payments in bulk.
5. Distribute the carbon credits to individual producers.
Installations that need to be represented:
1. Solar water heaters
2. Photovoltaic producers
3. Stirling Engine gas heaters/electric generators and other
Combined Heat and Power.
4. Small Wind generators.
5. Fuel cell generators
6. Small hydroelectric generators
7. Biomass (such as biogas or farmed
At this stage it is not possible to say how much each owner
should receive, but even if it is no more than 10 pounds/14 euros
per year this scheme would be worth having.