"Cahier De Textes"
- It is a formal pedagogical document.
- It is a teacher's tool to plan, organize and frame her work.
- In addition to the teacher's name and DOTI number, time table and academic year, "le cahier de textes" should include the lessons and activities covered during an exact period, generally 55 minutes, as well as copies of assigned tests and quizzes with answers.
- It is directed to many categories of people namely the headmaster or his assistant, the supervisor and the inspector.
- It must be seen signed and stamped by the principal three times during an academic year.
- It must be kept at school and should be easily accessible for any regulation or inspection from the school staff.
- It is the first document to be handed to the inspector as soon as he or she steps into the classroom.
- It is a corroboration that the teacher's exertion sticks to the conformity of the curriculum.
- It is a vital element in the evaluation of the teacher's efforts in the classroom.
- It is to be filled up at the end of every class session in a precise and synthetic way.
- The life time of the "Cahier de textes" is 5 years through which it could be checked by the pedagogical corps and used by novice teachers for reference or course running outline.
- It is an imperative document for the teacher to shield her job in case of dispute or any kind of problems.
- It could also be used in case of teacher's substitution.
- Normally the "Cahier de textes" should not be filled in English but in Arabic but this very point is overlooked. It is not necessary for the headmaster or his assistant to know English.
What is it really like to be a teacher nowadays?