Welcome to Mrs. Few's third grade Geography class. Today class we will be learning about the second largest country in Russia, Ukraine. You will learn how to identify Ukraine's flag , how to locate Ukraine on a map, and the different languages that Ukrainians speak and much more.
|Teacher notes: This geography lesson will serve as a review of the geography topic that were covered in class. The following activity is a project designed to review basic concepts in geography that will be completed individual. Each student will have to identify Ukraine on the map, its flag, and be able to tell a least two important facts about the country. You may wish to have books and other helpful materials in the classroom that's related to the countries to give the students a chance to learn more about the place they have been taught.|
Objectives: Locate a particular country on a map. Identify the location of the country. Identify the flag of the country and give 2 important facts about the country.
Click Here to learn more important facts about Ukraine
Location: Eastern Europe, border the Black Sea, between Poland, Romania, and Moldova in the west and Russia in the East.
Area: land 603, 700 sq km, water 0 sq km.
Climate: Temperate continental; Mediterranean only on the southern coast; highest in west and north, lesser in east and southeast; winter vary from cool along the black sea to cold farther inland; summers are warn across the greater part of the country, hot in the south.
Geography note: second largest country in Russia.
Sex Ratio: at birth : 1.05 male\females, under 15 years: 1.05 males\females, 15-64 years: 0.92 males\females total population: 0.86 male\female.
HIV\AIDS: people living with HIV\AIDS: 250,000
Religion: Ukrainian Orthodox-Kiev Patriarchate 19%, Moscow Patriarchate 9%, Greek Catholic 6%, Autocephalous 1.7%, Protestant, Jewish, none 38%.
Languages: Ukrainian, Russian, Romanian, Polish, Hungarian
Government type: republic
You want to see different photos of churches and the country Ukraine, Click here
Directions: Circle True, if the statement is true, circle false if the statement is false.
1. True\False: The Capital of Ukraine is Chattanooga.
2. True\False: Ukraine's climate is very hot in the south during the summer.
3.True\False: Ukraine's religion is Christianity.
4. True\False: Ukraine is the biggest country in the world.
5. True\False: There is more than 100,000 people living with HIV\AIDS in Ukraine.
6. True\False: Ukraine's flag colors are blue and yellow.
7. True\False: Ukraine's government type is democrats.
8. True\False: Ukraine is located near New York City.
9. True\False: One of Ukrainian's type of language is Romanian.
10. True\False: Ukraine has a large population more than 10,000,000.