You Know That You're From The Pioneer Valley When…
01) You're driving 75 on 91 and the idiot from Connecticut behind you
is flashing his lights to pass.
02) The fact that Routes 5 and 10 are basically the same doesn't
03) You recognize the letter "R" in our alphabet and it is not
04) You are not afraid of the East Longmeadow rotary.
05) You actually stop for pedestrians in crosswalks.
06) You know how to pronounce the names of towns like Bernardston,
Athol Charlemont, Amherst, Palmer and Holyoke.
07) You have driven to New York State or Brattleboro, Vermont when
you were 18 to buy beer.
08) You know that the "Calvin Coolidge" is a bridge.
09) You know what they sell at "packies."
10) You prayed that the Patriots would move to Hartford.
11) You laugh at all of the other New England states, especially
12) You know at least one American Legion where you can get served
after last call.
13) You can't comprehend how anyone can find their way around
14) You have gone to at least one party at UMass.
15) You go fishing at Quabbin just for the sense of satisfaction
derived from peeing in Boston's drinking water supply.
16) You give directions by always referring to where places used to be,
i.e.,"It's in West Springfield across from where Abdow's used to
17) Colleges are used as landmarks for direction, i.e., "From Mount
Holyoke go past Hampshire College until you reach Amherst. Go
straight through the lights to UMass."
18) You believe that Bobby Orr is the greatest athlete that ever lived.
19) You can get from Peru to Florida in less than an hour.
20) You know at least one guy named Stan, Rene, or Sully.
21) You know that all directions for getting to Westfield start with,
"You go to the Purple Onion..."
22) You laughed at the kids down south because they never get snow days.
23) You truly believe that the Memorial Bridge reconstruction project
was the biggest traffic nightmare this state has ever seen.
24) You know that the Honeypot is a section of Hadley is not a serving
25) You have never been to the Basketball Hall of Fame.
26) You can recognize a Chicopee girl from her bowling shoes.
27) You cried when they closed Mountain Park.
28) You know where Ware is.
29) You know that there is a bigger difference between Longmeadow
and East Longmeadow than just a compass direction.
30) When someone from the eastern portion of the state calls UMass,
"ZooMass" and you take it as a compliment.
31) You know that people who call Northampton, "NoHo" are not from
32) You pray for the Red Sox to win the World Series sometime in
your life to get even with all of the Yankee fans that you have to
33) You know that springtime means fresh native asparagus.
34) You know that a "T" is something you wear, not ride to work on.
35) You take your life in your own hands crossing any local bridge
because all of the state's highway funding has been diverted to
the Big Dig.
36) You know that Hadley is where the buffalo roam, and that it is
next to the People's Republic of Amherst.
37) You are proud to drink Northampton Ale and think that the rest of
New England owes The Brewery a debt of gratitude for inventing
the micro-brew pub.
38) You think St. Patrick's Day is better than Christmas and you know
where the world's second largest St. Patty's Day parade is held
(hint: NOT Boston).
39) You go to the Berkshires, instead of "down the Cape."
40) You know what "wicked" means
41) You know that the best Italian pizza joints are all owned by
42) You believe Bucky Dent to be the anti-Christ.
43) You went to Old Sturbridge Village, Old Deerfield (or both) on a
grammar school field trip.
44) You know that Wilbraham is the home of Friendly's.
45) You actually believe that the Oxbow Marina is "The Boat Mall
of the Northeast."
46) You know that Westhampton is a dry town.
47) You know where the town of Enfield, MA is located.
48) You know that the Pike is free from Ludlow to New York.
49) You know that Ludlow is 90% Portuguese and Hadley is 90%
And the final, most important way to tell that you are from the Pioneer Valley…
(50) You know at least one person who works at Yankee Candle and can
get you a discount!
If You Like This...
You Know You're From Mass When...
The Valley Advocate
Massachusetts Driving Rules
You Know You Drink Too Much(major MA diss