St. Benedict's Church has been serving the people of East Somerville for 100 years. Building of the church began in 1911 when East Somerville became one of the most populous districts. It took over a year to complete and the first mass was celebrated Sunday September 15, 1912.
Since the 1980's, St. Benedict's has been a bi-lingual parish. We celebrate with English and Spanish masses. In 2008, St. Benedict's was renovated. Renovations included a painted mural behind the altar, a new A/C system and a new camera system which enabled St. Benedict's celebrations to easily be seen from anywhere in the church to anywhere in the world!
We can stream live mass to a local senior center or enable someone across the country to be part of a First Communion or wedding celebration at St. Benedict's.
Saint Benedict Parish
25 Arlington St. Somerville, MA 02145
Webmaster: Frank Calderon