CASTING A CIRCLE
- Remove all animals & small children from the area & any furniture that you do not want to be inside your circle.
- Set up your altar before you cast your circle.
- Locate magnetic North with a compass & holding the wand out from your body, go into alpha & see the wand's aura extending out from it, especially at the tip.
- Visualize the tip of the wand creating a circle of light & energy, like a laser, as you walk clockwise three times around the area. The circumference drawn by the wand's tip will be the edge of your circle. Project white light out from the wand to create the circle as geometrically perfect & say to yourself that it is.
- Walk the circle the second time around & say out loud:
"I cast this circle to protect me/us from all negative & positive energies & forces on any level that may come to do me harm. I draw into this circle only the energies & forces that are right for me & the most correct for my work."
- Walk the circle the third time & say:
"I create sacred space. So mote it be."
- Invoke the four directions & energies of the elements, angels & powers that reside in them by using the athame, wand, sword or index finger to draw an invoking pentagram as you face each direction. Use a ritual spell of invocation or one you write for yourself.
- To open a circle hold the wand out over the circumference of the circle & beginning at magnetic North, walk once around the circle counterclockwise as you say,
"I send this circle into the cosmos to do my bidding. the circle is undone but not broken."
CASTING A CIRCLE IN A HURRY
Stand, sit or lie, according to the situation. raise energy by tightening your muscles. Visualize it glowing as a ball of purplish-blue flame within you. Using your projective hand, direct this energy out from you into a small magic circle. The hand acts as the energy director. Alternately, send out the energy in a clockwise circle around you without moving your hand. feel the circle shimmering & pulsing. If desired & possible, sprinkle salt &/or water around you to bless the area before creating the circle.
Back to Shadows