Skip's Linux Home Page
Brought to you by Skip using CityDeskTM from Fog Creek Software
CD Burning Information
Created: Thursday, October 16, 2003, 09:44:29 MST
Last updated: Monday, October 20, 2003, 08:48:09 MST
Changes: Added a short summary for the home page.
From CDR-Info, The Best
- Best all-in-one CD-R software / data disc compilations: Nero 5 (www.nero.com)
- Runner up: WinOnCD is pretty much the only software that comes even close to Nero, but it loses at least in user friendliness.
- Best CD audio ripper: Exact Audio Copy (www.exactaudiocopy.de)
- Best MP3 Encoder: LAME (www.sulaco.org/mp3)
- Best MP3 decoder: MAD (www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/)
These match my experience and the other information that I've read.
VCD Header Trick
Not all DVD players will play SVCD's, and converting SVCD to VCD is a hassel, takes awhile, and cuts the quality of the video. Here is a way to put a VCD header on your SVCD to make you DVD player think it's playing a VCD.
Tools required TMPGEnc
1. Open TMPGEnc and goto FILE>MPEG TOOLS and click on the
Simple Multiplex tab.
2. Click Browse for video input and select your movie.
3. Be sure that the type is MPEG-1 Video-CD
4. Select you output file.
5. Click Run. This will take 5-10min maybe more depending on video size
and speed of your computer.
6. Now just burn to CD using Nero or any other burning tool that will burn VCD's
Note: After doing this if you try to play the mpeg on your computer chances are
you will just get is a blocky green screen. Do not worry, this is normal but it will still
play fine in most DVD players