Welcome to my English family web page . This page is for my family roots in the english family . My 4th Great Grand Mother Lucrecce English (Turner) for her I dont have much to go on like who her parents were and such as that . She lived and married to my 4th Great grand father John Henry Turner and they are both buried in Turner Cem of Clayton co Ga . on Turner road between Love joy and Fayetteville Ga . East side of the Flint river on McDonough Road . Thanks for coming and checking out my page Hope to have more soon or later .. Thanks Blessedkin Web mistress ..
Origins and history of the English Name
- Origin English
- Spelling variations include: Inglis, Inglish, Inglys, English, Englys and others.
- First found in Berwickshire where they were seated from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
- Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were: Mary Inglish settled in the Barbados in 1635; Thomas Inglish settled in New York in 1775; Andrew Inglis settled in Philadelphia in 1864; William Inglis settled in Boston in 1822.
- Motto Translated: It is vain without the Lord
- Some noteworthy people of the name English
- Thomas Dunn English (1819-1902) American physician
Blessed kins Home Page