Season 2, Episode 12 (Episode 24 of entire series)
This episode is pretty much the worst one to date. Ugh. Although some of the lines are okay, it's just a nightmarish thing to watch. Anyway, this episode marks the second time we've seen Joyce at Sunnydale High School, and this also is pretty much the last time that Angel and Buffy have a normal relationship. Cordy and Xander keep up the closet stuff. And this marks the appearance of the Gorch brothers.
Buffy's at the Mall with her mom; Joyce asks Buffy to pick up a dress for her, but Buffy gets distracted when she spies a vampire on the escalator. She goes to rough him up, doesn't get the dress, and Joyce gives her the business. This episode uses the word "responsibility" a lot.
At school the next day, everyone in teen health gets an egg to take care of. This is supposed to teach 'em about the whole sexual responsibility thing. Basically what ends up happening is most everyone -- except for Buffy and Xander -- gets possessed by the eggs. Why? Because apparently this huge parasite, the Mother Bezoar is living beneath the school's basement; her eggs are hatching these parasites that attach themselves to human hosts by way of neural clamping. So the people are carrying out the orders to dig up the Mother Bezoar and her eggs.
Everyone is all smoochy in this episode...Xander and Cordy are making out in closets, Buffy and Angel are making out in cemeteries (and later, over the windowsill to her bedroom). Then everyone hits everyone. Cordy knocks out Buffy; Willow knocks out Xander; Giles tries to attack Buffy; Joyce tries to kill Buffy; Cordy tries to hit Xander; Xander punches Cordy. Suffice it to say that Buffy takes care of the vamps, the Bezoar..everything except for her mother -- Buffy gets grounded many times throughout this episode. Harsh. That's life on the Hellmouth for you.
1. Buffy stabbed her egg's parasite with a pair of scissors.
2. Xander boiled his egg.
3. The Mother Bezoar ate Tector Gorch.
4. Buffy killed the Mother Bezoar; probably used an axe, though we didn't see the actual fighting.
5. Lyle Gorch "ran like a woman" when he saw Buffy best the Mother Bezoar.
6. The parasitic neural clamping ended when Mother Bezoar bought it.
1. Angel can't make little vampires.
2. Willow's religion is confirmed -- she's Jewish.
3. Buffy killed her Giga Pet by sitting on it.
4. Joyce shops at Everyday Woman.
5. Buffy's egg is named Eggbert.
1. Sunnydale High School
2. Buffy's house
3. Willow's room
4. The Cemetery
5. The Mall
6. The Sewers
7. Joyce Summers
8. Lyle Gorch
9. Tector Gorch
11. Mr. Whitmore
The ABCs of Sunnydale