Jerry J. Jerrie
Created by: Theodore Mack and Sons
Used by: Jimmy Craig
1. Jerry was used by California ventriloquist Jimmy Craig, who
performed under the name “The Great Gabbo.”
2. Jerry was purchased by Vent Haven Museum founder W.S. Berger late
in his life, in 1970.
3. In letters back and forth between Craig and Berger, Craig stated
that several others had offered him more money for Jerry than Berger
had, but “Mildred [Craig’s wife] says that she would rather that you
have it than anyone else,” so Craig agreed to sell Jerry to Berger.
4. For his part, Berger stated that “Jerry O’Brien was a long time
arriving here…he probably stopped for a Coke and looked the place
over for a few days before coming to his final resting place..the
5. Jerry wears a button on his jacked which states, “Official Wise
6. According to Craig, Jerry was built by Frank Marshall while
working for Mack and Sons, and was refurbished by Marshall some
7. You can see a photo of Craig with Jerry by
clicking this link.
8. Jerry is on display in Building Three of the museum. He can be
Quicktime Virtual Pan Number 3.
After the page loads, "turn" to look behind you. Terry is the fourth
figure in the second row.
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us