Jerry J. Jerrie
Created by: Theo Mack and Sons
Used by: Howard Kingsley
1. This figure, used by magician/ ventriloquist Howard
Kingsley, was donated to Vent Haven Museum in October of 2007.
2. Kingsley, whose real name was Herman Schanbacher, lived from
4. Kingsley's daughter, Jean Schanbacher Penman, inherited the
figure upon her father's death in 1939. The figure remained in her
possession until it was donated to Vent Haven.
5. Along with Oscar, Mrs. Penman donated a toy figure and several
magic items to the museum.
6. In addition to being a ventriloquist, Kingsley was also an
author. His 1931 book Ventriloquism: How It is Done is part
of the Vent Haven Museum library.
7. As this figure was so recently donated (as of March, 2008) it is
not yet on display and cannot be seen from any of the Quicktime
virtual pans of the museum.
8. The figure will be on display beginning in May 1, 2008 in the
"New for 2008" display.
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us