Jerry J. Jerrie
Created by: Unknown
Used by: The Great
1. The "Farmer's Wife" is an incomplete figure, made up of a
head and trunk only.
2. This figure was used by The Great Reynard, a vaudeville-era
ventriloquist whose real name was Edward Sharpless.
3. The Great Reynard used this figure in two sketches in his
performance. Once sketch was called "On the Farm" and the other was
4. This figure arrived at Vent Haven in ill repair, with moisture
damage that had mildewed the figure.
5. Both Revello Petee and Frank Marshall have repaired this figure.
6. The hat is not an original piece for this figure. It was donated
to Vent Haven founder W.S. Berger by the "Sanford Sisters," who were
neighbors of Berger.
7. This figure is also known as Rachel the Gossip Lady.
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us