Jerry J. Jerrie
Created by: George and Glenn
Used by: George Pullin
1. Johnny was originally used by ventriloquist George Pullin,
who was born in 1886.
2. Johnny joined the Vent Haven collection on August 23, 1951.
3. Berger traded two figures and $25 cash for Johnny.
4. Like all McElroy figures, Johnny has a number of movements,
including moving eyes and eyebrows, a stick out tongue, a moving
nose, flapping ears, and a fright wig.
5. In addition, a small light bulb is installed in Johnny's nose. A
toggle switch on the neckpole allows Johnny's nose to "glow."
6. You can view the many faces of Johnny by
clicking this link.
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us