Jerry J. Jerrie
Unique Features: Bends at the waist
1. This figure, originally a Willie Talk doll, was used by ventriloquist Bob Evans.
2. Evans began using the figure in 1937. At the time he paid $3.98 for Jerry.
3. Evans was a mentor and inspiration for ventriloquist Jimmy Nelson.
4. Evans died in a car accident on October 18, 1951. He was 36 years old.
5. Jerry was donated in 1976 by Virginia Grand, the late wife of Evans.
6. Ventriloquist Dennis Alwood facilitated the donation of the figure to the museum.
7. This figure is on display in Building One of the museum, and it
cannot be seen from any of the
Quicktime Virtual Pans of the
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us