Jerry J. Jerrie
Created by: Tim Selberg
Donated By: Robert Sherman
1. This unnamed figure was donated by Robert Sherman in July
1991 during the Vent Haven ConVENTion.
2. After the figure was donated, figure maker Tim Selberg sent a
letter to Vent Haven describing the history of the figure.
3. According to the letter, the plastic wood head was "my first
ever" and was carved when Selberg was 13 years old.
4. According to Selberg, "I became somewhat disenchanted with it
(the head) and sold it to a neighbor friend my age and helped him
finish it. So, it is not really my work entirely, but still a good
representation of what my earliest work would look like."
5. The letter states that Selberg made "4 or 5 more" plastic wood
heads before carving his first wood head at age 16.
6. Selberg's current work can be seen at his
Selberg Studios website.
7. This figure is on display in Building Two of the museum, and can
be clearly seen in both of the
QuickTime Virtual Pans of the
building. In both pans, "turn" to your right after the page loads.
The figure is sitting cross-legged on a crate behind the rope (There
is a "Do Not Handle" sign on the floor leaning against the crate).
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us