Jerry J. Jerrie
Jerry J. Jerrie (and Jose
Created by: Fred Ketch
Used by: Fred Ketch
1. Jerry J. Jerrie was used by ventriloquist Fred Ketch.
2. While this Jerry J. Jerrie was created and used by Ketch, it is
not the original Jerry, which was created in 1912.
3. Ketch and Vent Haven founder W.S. Berger corresponded with one
another from 1944 to 1970.
4. Ketch provided Berger with photos of the
original Jerry J. Jerrie and a typed note. You can
read the note and
see the photos by clicking this link.
5. Included with Jerry J. Jerrie is Jose Garcia, a mask-type figure
on a pole.
6. During Ketch's act, Jose would sing "I Ain't Got No Body" while
Jerry would make wise cracks on the side.
7. In addition to being a talented ventriloquist, Ketch was a
talented artist, who drew many illustrations for The Oracle,
the magazine of the now defunct International Brotherhood of
Ventriloquists. Several of Ketch's illustrations are on display at
Vent Haven Museum, and you can
watch the tour tape video, which
includes one of these illustrations.
8. Jerry and Jose are on display in Building One of the museum. They
visible in any of the
QuickTime Virtual Pans of the
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us