Jerry J. Jerrie
Created by: Frank Marshall
Ears pull up.
1. This figure was a duplicate for the
original Farfel to be used in television appearances, but it didn't
suit Nelson, and was relegated to the role of "stunt
2. You can watch this stunt double in action in a 60 second Nestle's
commercial: ( low
bandwidth | high
3. The figure is of a different color from the present Farfel because it was designed to look good on black and white TV's.
4. Nelson donated the figure to Vent Haven on July 2, 1982.
5. When Nelson donated Farfel in 1982, he also donated an audio tape
describing the figure. You can listen
to Nelson talk about this figure by clicking this link.
6. The real Farfel (not this stunt double) became famous singing the
Nestle's jingle: "N-E-S-T-L-E-S / Nestle's makes the very best
7. Farfel's trademark snapping of the jaw at the end of the word
"Chocolate" was originally an accident. During a
performance in front of some television executives who were being
pitched the Nestle's ads, Nelson's hand
slipped off of the control, causing the jaw to snap shut. Nelson was
mortified, thinking that this slip might cost him the job. The execs
loved his performance, though, and asked for more. The second time
he performed in front of them, he made sure of his grip. End result:
no snapping shut, but also no laughing. Nelson was asked to
put the snapping shut back in, the execs loved it, and a trademark
8. Farfel is on display in Building One of the museum and thus is
not visible in any of the Quicktime Virtual Pans on this website.
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us