Jerry J. Jerrie
1. Junior appeared on the inaugural broadcast of Louisville,
Kentucky's WAVE-TV 3 on November 24, 1948.
2. WAVE-TV 3 was the first television station in the state of
Kentucky, so Junior helped launch TV in that state.
3. He was the star of WAVE 3's Junior's Club, a children's
show that aired from that inaugural broadcast until 1950.
4. Junior was donated to Vent Haven Museum by WAVE-TV 3 in 1987.
5. Junior is made of papier mache.
6. Junior is on display in Building Two of the museum on the left
side. He can be seen in the
Quicktime Virtual Pan Number Two by
"turning" to your right after the page loads and "looking" through
the door into the left side of the building. If you zoom in, you can
see Junior on the second row from the bottom (Hint: There is a photo
of Junior with Norma Jarboe sitting to the left of Junior).
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us