Jerry J. Jerrie
Created by: Theo
1. Vent Augustus Rapp was born in 1871.
2. Shorty was created by Theo Mack, but his wood hands were carved
3. Shorty became a part of the Vent Haven collection in the fall of
4. An article about Shorty appears in the November/December 1957 edition of The Oracle.
5. Shorty arrived at Vent Haven with a note: "He was a good boy for 50 years. If he ever talked back to me, it must have been my own fault. Give him a nice, warm place near the bathroom."
6. Shorty is currently on display in the Josephine Berger Memorial
Building (Building Three). He can be seen on display in the
Quicktime Virtual Pan Number Three. To find him, "turn
around" to face the figures "behind" you. He is in the front row on
the far right (A photo of August Rapp is in his lap).
7. There is no bathroom in Building Three. However, Shorty has not asked to use the facilities in the
almost 50 years he has been at Vent Haven.
Do you have additional information about this
figure? Do you have a suggestion for a future Figure of the Month? Is there a figure
maker whose work you would like to see featured? Let us know by emailing
the Vent Haven staff.
Copyright 2008 Vent Haven Museum
All contents of this website,
including pictures, may not be reproduced,
rewritten, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast, in whole
or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval
the prior written permission of Vent Haven Museum, Inc.
Home | W.S.
Berger | ConVENTion
| Multimedia | Figure
of the Month | FAQ
| Contact Us