PHOTO DIAGRAMS OF A SONGBIRD (CARDINAL)
1. Use a sheet square paper, 10" x 10". Fold the left and right edges
with a width of 11/2".
Then stretch out the loose flap of the top corner.
2. Squash-fold the top triangular flap.
3. Petal-fold the squash fold.
4. Valley-fold the petal fold to form the head part.
5. Fold the paper into a preliminary fold, making sure that the head part is on the top layer.
6. Swing up the top layer of the preliminary fold with a valley fold.
7. Inside reverse-fold both the bottom triangular flaps.
8. Crimp the left and right triangular flap to form the leg parts.
9. Turn the model over.
10. Inside reverse-fold the left and right edges.
11. Valley-fold the model into half. Place it in a horizontal position as shown below.
12. Swing up the wing part with a valley-fold. Repeat behind.
13. Squash-fold the bottom triangular flap to form leg part. Repeat behind.
14. Petal-fold the squash fold. Repeat behind.
15. Valley-fold the petal fold to the left. Repeat behind.
16. Close the petal fold with a valley fold. Repeat behind.
17. Crimp the neck part, being careful not to crimp the top part as shown below.
18. Crimp the tips of the head part to form the beaks, bringing the low beak down.
19. Crimp the head part to form the crown.
20. Inside reverse-fold the leg. Repeat behind.
21. Narrow the lower part of the body and the legs with mountain folds.
Outside reverse-fold the tips of the legs
to form claws. With the creases given, narrow the tail and bring it up.Shape the wing on the left corner with a mountain fold.
22. The Completed Song Bird (Cardinal)