PHOTO DIAGRAMS OF A SONGBIRD
1. Use a sheet of square foil paper, 10" x 10". Fold all the edges,
1" wide. Set all the corners as in the above
picture.Then squash the four corners.
2. Choose one corner for the head part only. Petal-fold the corner.
3. Pleat-fold the petal fold for the head part. Then fold the model
into a preliminary fold,
making sure that the head part is on the top flap.
4. Petal-fold the top flap of the preliminary fold.
5.Valley-fold the bottom triangular flaps up.
6. Rabbit-ear the triangular flaps to form the legs.
7. Carefully stretch out the folded edges as far as they can go.
8. Valley-fold the left and right edges and tuck in the top edges with mountain folds.
9. Stretch out the two small triangular flaps for the legs.
10. Crimp back both the triangular flaps under top big triangular flaps
of the model as shown in the
11. Turn the model over.
12. Pleat-fold the diamond-shaped flap to form the tail part.
13. With the creases given, narrow the tail part.
14. Fold the model into half. Place it in a horizontal position.
15. Vally-fold the big bottom triangular flap to form the wind. Repeat behind.
16. Crimp the tail part. Lift it up as you do it.
17. Crimp the right side of the model to form the head part.
18. Stretch the small hidden triangular flap out to form the lower beak.
19. Crimp the head part to form the head.
20. Crimp the neck part to form the head.
21. Pleat-fold the head to shape it nicely. Repeat behind.
22. Crimp the legs and shape the body. Inside reverse the bottom of
the wing. Repeat behind. Narrow the tail
part and the legs with mountain folds. Finally outside reverse-fold the tips of the legs to form the claws.
23. The Completed 3-D Songbird.
This bird is the same one as above but it has claws. You can try to
make the claws yourself. Just open
up the tips of the legs carefully and pull out the extra loose paper hidden inside.
(Created on 10/3/2006)
Back to Photo Diagrams Page