Photo Diagrams Of A Cardinal
Use a sheet of square paper, 11'' x 11''. Fold all the edges, 2" wide.
Squash-fold the top corner and tuck in the loose flaps of the left and
right corners. Then fold it into a preliminary fold.
2. With the creases given, petal-fold the preliminary fold.
3. Swing up both the traingular flaps with nmountains folds.
4. Rabbit-ear both the left and riight triangular flaps to form the
5. Pleat-fold the left and right small triangulars flaps to the legs. Carefully stretch out both the bottom loose folded flaps as shown below.
6. Fold back the both bottom edges with mountain and valley folds.
7. Turn the model over.
8.. Pleat-fold the diamon-shaped flap.
9. With the creases given, narrow the triangular flap with mountain and valley folds to form the tail part.
10. Mountain-fold the middle traingular flap.
11. Fold the model into half with a mountain fold and place it in a horizontal position.
12. Crimp the middle part of the model to form the wings.
13. Stretch out the hidden squash fold as far as it can go.
14. Outside reverse-fold the neck part.
15. Crimp the top of the head part.
16. Crimp the head part to form the beak. Swing both the legs down to
the right and stretch them out
slightly to make them longer.
17. Crimp the legs and outside reverse-fold the tips of the legs. Narrow
the neck with a mountain fold.
Repeat behind. Inside reverse-fold the part below the head.
18. The Completed Cardinal
(created on 11/3/2006)
Back to Photo Diagrams