Interesting Facts About Methanosarcina avetivorans
- M. acetivoran is the most metabolically diverse archaebacteria.
- M. acetivoran breaks down the waste products of other organisms, producing methane.
- It was recently discovered that the M. acetivoran has chaperonins which were thought to only be in eukaryotic bacteria.
- Researchers found flagella and chemotaxis on the M. acetivoran which suggests that it could move its self in a certain direction.
- If there is an environmental change, M. acetivoran is known for being easily able to adapt, unlike other archaebacteria.