The organisms in this kingdom are unicellular prokaryotes and about 5,000 different species have been recognized. These organisms are large groups of bacteria that have rigid cell walls and many of these can be very dangerous to humans.
Three Main Phyla In the Eubacteria Kingdom
- Cyanobacteria Phyla- A photosynthetic bacteria that is surrounded by deeply pigmented covering; common on land and in ocean.
- Spirochetes Phyla- These organisms move with a corkscrew-like motion and are responsible for serious diseases.
- Proteotic Bacteria Phyla- A large group of gram-negative bacteria that include anerobes and aerobes. These are free-living symbiotic parasites.
A good example of member of the Proteotic Bacteria Phyla is E. Coli
- Genus Name- Escherichia
- Species Name- coli
- Habitat- Can live in uncooked meat, raw milk, sewage contaminated water, can get into and effect the human intestines.
- E. coli is heterotrophic and gets its energy by what it is living in.