At this moment, we have 6 monks stay in the temple. The following are the names and pictures of
Phramaha Manit Ovatatatto age 45, Vassa 23(Venerable
Phramaha Wichnao Pannavachiro age 41, Vassa 22 (Venerable
Maha wichnao )
Phra Khanong Thitakuno age 39, Vassa 16
Phramaha Chaipichit Thanuttano age 29, Vassa 9 (Venerable
Phramaha Sayan Mahacampeero age 28, Vassa 8 (Venerable
Phra Sonchai Dhammachoto age 40, Vassa 7 (Venerable Somdchai)
Wat Buddha Samakhee Grounds development Plan
In July 2000, Venerable Phra Soponthammawong, Venerable Teacher (Phra Khru) Dhammathorn Setthakic Samahito and Wat's committees discussed the proposed development of the grounds of Wat Buddha Samakhee. We have agreed to develop Wat Buddha Samakhee according to the following plan.
1. Expanding and decorating the bridge and entrance
2. Enlarging the parking area
3. Making a rose garden
4. Renovating the warehouse (shed)
5. Remodeling a garage to Uposatha hall or chapter house
6. Creating the Buddha garden (Lahn-Tahm or Dhamma grounds)
7. Building the new bathroom and toilet.
8. Extending the conservatory
9. Constructing the Dhamma Practising Sala (Meditation hall)
After Venerable Phra Soponthammawong and Venerable Teacher (Phra Khru) Dhammathorn Setthakic Samahito went back to Thailand, Wat Buddha Samakhee’s organising committee along with monks and the laity have carried out and accomplished many tasks (1, 2, and 3). Most of the tasks are still in progress (4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9). Up to this time we have a lot of success in developing Wat Buddha Samakhee according to our plan.