Walt's ASA World Tournament History
- 1954 - Keenland Bar (7th, All World team)
- 1955 - Lang's (World Champs, All World Team)
- 1958 - Boone's Bar (3rd, All World Team)
- 1959 - Yorkshire (World Champs, All World Team, MVP)
- 1960 - Yorkshire(7th) or Gatliff(8th) ?
- 1961 - Gatliff (3rd)
- 1962 - Johnny's Car Wash (?th)
- 1963 - Gatliff (World Champs)
Walt Wherry was perhaps the most talented of all of the great Northern Kentucky players from this
era. He was named All American four times, for three different positions (1954-55 outfield, 1958
shortstop, 1959 pitcher). He was a world champion three times (1955, 1959, 1963).
His arm was legendary in the area, as he would win the throwing contest
that was held every year at the Covington Ball Park. In 1956, he played with the defending
world champion Lang's during the season, but was away pitching semi-pro baseball during the
world tournament. He also missed the 1957 world tourney for the same reason.