Dog Grooming and Training Tips
If you're like most pet owners, you are concerned about your pet's health. Below are some hints that you may find helpful!
Your adult dog started making messes...
- Are you leaving him/her alone longer than usual? When a trained dog starts to make messes, it is most often because outdoor trips are too few and far between!
- There may be a medical problem. Talk to your veterinarian just in case.
- If you rule out the above, here's a handy tip...
Clean and sanitize the soiled area, then put his dry food directly on that area of the carpet. Dogs will not normally soil where they eat!
Your dog's teeth are not as clean as they used to be...
- Chewing cleans her teeth. Because of this, dry food is better for her teeth.
- Give them treats. They love you for it and they don't even know it's good for them! If you give them a lot of treats, adjust their diet so they don't gain weight!
- Bones are very good teeth cleaners and they provide entertainment!
- Brush your pet's teeth. Vets and pet stores have toothbrushes and paste. Don't use human toothpaste.
You need to clip your dog's nails...
- Use only clippers designed for dog nails.
- Talk to your vet about how far you can cut (to avoid cutting the living tissue).
- Have styptic powder (stops bleeding) ready in case you cut too far on the claw. This powder is available at most pet stores.
- Reward your puppy with a treat!